Thread: starting issues on c16

starting issues on c16

hey guys I have a 98 fbody w/ 2bar OS, im having major issues trying to get car to start properly using c16...I added cranking fuel it seemed to work but then still had issues, tried increasing cranking ve, and seemed to help out when cold but then once warm had problems...been playing with different things and just not having any luck..as of now i got it to start if i floor pedal then start cranking and after a couple seconds releasing pedal..
    if anyone has experience running c16 please leave some input

thanks, matt

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by NYLS1346 View Post
    hey guys I have a 98 fbody w/ 2bar OS, im having major issues trying to get car to start properly using c16...I added cranking fuel it seemed to work but then still had issues, tried increasing cranking ve, and seemed to help out when cold but then once warm had problems...been playing with different things and just not having any luck..as of now i got it to start if i floor pedal then start cranking and after a couple seconds releasing pedal..
    if anyone has experience running c16 please leave some input

thanks, matt
    is it true c16? not oxygenated?

Vp c16, not oxygenated

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    how is your cranking spark table, did you adjust it by ECT
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

I have a 98 ecu, theres no table for cranking timing, I tried incresing my idle timing thinking it should help fire things thinking the c16 is harder to burn but it didnt do much.. it will turn over for a split second but wont start, even slightly cracking the throttle to increase airflowdoesnt do much...
    Ive been trying a whole bunch of things with not so much success and im constantly worried about pulling to line and then car not starting lol..
    I actually thought I had it figured out, car started great on the dyno, even after it warmed up but then all of a sudden I got to the track and it all went to shit.. im assuming altitude and weather conditions played a role in this

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    post file
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161