Thread: Timing question

Potential Tuner

Timing question

Hello,

Please excuse me I am new to tuning but not to cars at all. I know how to change timing but what I am in question about is how much timing I am running or what is the correct way to say. I hear 97-03 gtps have 15* stock. Well in my .92 column none of the numbers exceed 13. Is there something I am missing here??

car- 1997 Pontiac gtp. factory timing table

Any info is much appreciated.

Thank you
    Last edited by pontiacgto; 11-04-2013 at 05:58 PM.

Go Engine> spark > advanced,

Then it says main spark advance high and low, then to the right is a spark correction/afr correction. Under that is a given number for a certain air fuel ratio, that number will add the timing table.

So if the numbers in your .92 is 12 and the commanded AFR at that time is 11.7 it will add whatever number is there, likely its a 3 or 4 to try and get 15-16ยบ of timing.

If you don't want it to add numbers for you and you want to pick the timing to run, then you must zero out that table and adjust your high and low timing tables to the timing you want to run. I'd say 95% of the 3800 tuner copy the high table and paste it to the low tables so its all the same.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Ok thank you I appreciate it