Thread: Anyone Wanna Take A Look?

Anyone Wanna Take A Look?

Anyone wanna take a look at this Turbo Swapped LSJ Tune???

Car is a 2007 LSJ Cobalt with a non-name type to4e with a .63 hot side turbo. 60's, weird charge piping, ok intercooler and a high flow cat....

Just looking for thoughts on if it's as ridiculous as I think...

Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Total Masshole.
    2013 F150 FX4 Supercrew Ecoboost - STOCK
    2013 Mustang GT Premium - Lots of Mods, 424 RWHP SOLD
    2009 Cobalt SS/TC Black Sedan
    227whp/224wtq Stock. Dejon CP, K&N SRI, Forge BPV, Catless, BadMab Catless DP, MPx 3" Catback, HPT Tuned 328whp/425wtq. SOLD
    2004 GTO Pulse Red 1 of 512 - R.I.P. 5/31/09

PE very early & rich as hell. Scary. Did he tune the MAF or rape the PE table? .71 PE lambda is a lil' fat, eh?
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Mmm 10.4 afr commanded id say shes blowin some soot.

I bet it needs a fresh start retune.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

I'm going through it table by table. It's all there just sloppy. Gotta get the maf in line because the PE table IS raped.
    Total Masshole.
    227whp/224wtq Stock. Dejon CP, K&N SRI, Forge BPV, Catless, BadMab Catless DP, MPx 3" Catback, HPT Tuned 328whp/425wtq. SOLD

Start from scratch.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Started from scratch
    Total Masshole.

Please just be sure to tune this one with an actual wideband signal piped into hptuners.. ;P
    09 Cobalt SS - E47+EFR6758 =

07 Silverado ECSB LBZ Duramax - Bunches of goodies

Quote Originally Posted by Freakotec View Post
    Please just be sure to tune this one with an actual wideband signal piped into hptuners.. ;P
    What am I new? This ain't no video game! LOL Just messin' ;p
    Total Masshole.

I beg to differ, but I'm not looking to cause a ruckus, so please don't make me call you out on this my friend. Either way, I just hope all your tunes are now done with some sort of wideband that either you or your customers supply. Good luck..

Quote Originally Posted by Freakotec View Post
    I beg to differ, but I'm not looking to cause a ruckus, so please don't make me call you out on this my friend. Either way, I just hope all your tunes are now done with some sort of wideband that either you or your customers supply. Good luck..
    Customers?......I'm helping a few friends out.

Call me out? For what? Who are you? Someone who owns a shop and I am "threatening your business"??? Don't worry my friend, I'm not in this for money so you can keep whatever little-dick paranoia you have to yourself.

I came here for insight and some conversation about this tune so don't be coming in here with any bullshit you got. It's funny how I joke around with people and they come back with some dick shit comment like you did. Of course I'm no seasoned tuner who works for some huge shop tuning hundreds of cars. But I'm not new to using a wideband. If you got some sort of thing against me then lets figure it out through a PM and get to chatting.

There's wideband tuning in use so take a chill pill my friend. This is a place for sharing and learning so if you don't have anything to say about the main topic then there's the log off button right there.

/venting
    Total Masshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin85 View Post
    Customers?......I'm helping a few friends out.

Call me out? For what? Who are you? Someone who owns a shop and I am "threatening your business"??? Don't worry my friend, I'm not in this for money so you can keep whatever little-dick paranoia you have to yourself.

I came here for insight and some conversation about this tune so don't be coming in here with any bullshit you got. It's funny how I joke around with people and they come back with some dick shit comment like you did. Of course I'm no seasoned tuner who works for some huge shop tuning hundreds of cars. But I'm not new to using a wideband. If you got some sort of thing against me then lets figure it out through a PM and get to chatting.

There's wideband tuning in use so take a chill pill my friend. This is a place for sharing and learning so if you don't have anything to say about the main topic then there's the log off button right there.

/venting
    There's no real need to get overly defensive. Maybe I was being a tad snide, but I was simply trying to make a relatively discrete point that I was hoping you would take heed of and move on from there. That doesn't seem to be the case, and I apologize for that. Unfortunately though, when I come across 4 lsj's that you tuned (yes 4!) deeming your label (you are "Neptuned", correct?) and the wot AFR on all these boosted vehicles is between 13.5-14.1 there seems to be a pretty valid reason for my comment at that point. There is also a tad bit of concern for another person's lsj you are either tuning or helping with the tuning with reference to this thread. If you would prefer to carry this to PM's then by all means we can continue the conversation there. But as far as this being a place for sharing a learning, that is exactly why I brought this up to begin with. To make sure you aren't potentially risking another paying customer's engine by not understanding how to properly adjust PE fueling on an open loop engine controller. Sorry.

Overly defensive, maybe, but there is no need to be snide.

I don't affiliate the NEPT name anymore. Getting wrapped up into it was a mistake and it's easy for me to recognize that

As far as the 4 LSJ tunes you mentioned, there is no reason they should be running that kind of afr. The cars I touched were done with a wideband and I can easily admit there was one (yes 1) in the beginning of the venture that was done without a wideband and relied heavily on narrowband calculations. It had been done before and I was taught from a remote tuner what to look for. it was something I didn't do again. That car was then retuned with a wideband.

If there was ever an issue with a car I was always eager to fix it. Properly. With a wideband and correct fuel trim tuning and PE adjustments. - all of which are described in detail here on this forum. If a car ended up running an incorrect wot afr then something must have changed afterwards. I treat every car like it's my own.

I do not charge either. Under NEPT I had to If a friend offered some cash for gas that was cool but even then I'd turn it down.

Whatever you're out to make me be that's fine. I'm not a shop looking to save face or reputation but I know how to adjust PE.
    Total Masshole.

Potential Tuner
    Well said my friend

OP do you have the current tune? I'm trying to help the car's owner out. Logs and config of the problem would be helpful as well.
    2006 Chevy Cobalt SS 2.4 Turbo
    320 whp 299 wtq

Quote Originally Posted by noorjSS View Post
    OP do you have the current tune? I'm trying to help the car's owner out. Logs and config of the problem would be helpful as well.
    Last File from the last time we met up to look into the problem.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Total Masshole.

Potential Tuner
    do you have any logs that we can see? I am working with the vehicle owner on CSS and trying to iron out some of the possibilities