Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inexpensive windows tablet that hptuners works on

Potential Tuner

Inexpensive windows tablet that hptuners works on

Dell venue 8 pro 32gb for $299. It runs windows 8.1 and it does work with hptuners!

what you will need is a micro USB to regular USB adapter and a USB to USBA adapter.

Plug it in and the tablet will recognize the HP tuners box. you then need to download the MVPI driver and go into device settings and add the drivers.

works like a charm
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2005 GTO 408 twin turbo @ 21psi heads, cam etc etc....

Potential Tuner
    do you have this mounted? how is it working out for you?

Potential Tuner
    Just picked up a ASUS Transformer Book T100 running windows 8.1 X86 to try the same thing.

How simple is editing .hpt files on that thing? I tuned a car a while back with one and it was interesting but I could move around faster with my netbook

Curious.
    69 Suburban Bagged & Blown: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=200387
    68 Farm Truck build thread-LS3/6L80/TVS1900: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=358692

I have the same tablet, but it won't even see the HPtuners interface. Any suggestions?

Advanced Tuner
    Looks like a great way to monitor stuff but I don't see how I could be productive actually tuning with one. Would need a mouse and keyboard

Potential Tuner
    I just picked up the asus transformer book and it loaded the drivers and runs everything flawlessly! Comes with a attachable keyboard that makes it function like a laptop when you need or you can remove the screen from the keyboard dock and use it like a tablet. Was 379 at Walmart with the keyboard and all. You also don't need the micro usb to usb adapter either it has a standard usb port on both the tablet and the keyboard. It also lets you set up the scanner and the editor on the tile screen like an app would be so you can just one touch click from the tile screen an go straight to the editor and the multi tasking makes it great for have the editor and an excel spreadsheet open and the same time and viewable at the same time as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dmcdevin View Post
    I just picked up the asus transformer book and it loaded the drivers and runs everything flawlessly! Comes with a attachable keyboard that makes it function like a laptop when you need or you can remove the screen from the keyboard dock and use it like a tablet. Was 379 at Walmart with the keyboard and all. You also don't need the micro usb to usb adapter either it has a standard usb port on both the tablet and the keyboard. It also lets you set up the scanner and the editor on the tile screen like an app would be so you can just one touch click from the tile screen an go straight to the editor and the multi tasking makes it great for have the editor and an excel spreadsheet open and the same time and viewable at the same time as well.
    was this the ASUS T100?
    Does it look like you would be able to do pretty much anything necessary with hp tuners?

Tuner in Training
    Do you have the tablet hard wired for power?

Advanced Tuner
    Im using a Win7 Dell Lattitude ST Table. Touch interface is fantastic for editing tune. Picked it up as a factory reman on Ebay for 180AUD
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Tuner
    hiddeous, are you using tablet without keyboard/mouse for editing tune?
    LS1 383ci 98' FBody, turboed, 00' PCM, 4L80E, 90# FIC injectors
    110ci Nissan 200SX, 25psi, 370whp

Tuner in Training
    More pictures? how do the gauges look? how easy is it to navigate and use?

Tuner
    Micro Center has a 10" windows 8 tablet with 32gb ssd and regular size use for $200... That's another option
    Last edited by tek1229; 03-16-2015 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Spelling

Tuner in Training
    Just ordered the dell one. $200 on amazon. Well see how it works. I just want to use it as a gauge pod. Basically.

This would be handy for swapping between E85 and gas when I can't find E85 or stations stop carrying it...
    2008 Pontiac G5 2.2L (main oil seal became a crunchy Autumn leaf, RIP)
    2016 Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost - Project "not-so-detestable"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetal View Post
    hiddeous, are you using tablet without keyboard/mouse for editing tune?
    Yes I am, the Dell has a stylus or you can use your fingers to input/edit
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Advanced Tuner
    Picked up an Asus Transformer Book T100TAF for $199 on Ebay - couldn't pass it up for that price (brand new). Works flawlessly with HPTuners. SO much nicer than the stone-age laptop I was using for this purpose!

The keyboard dock has a full-sized USB 2.0 port and also has a trackpad so it's very easy to edit a tune " on the go". Screen is a little small'ish - but it does it's job...

Tuner
    Same Here. Asus Transformer Book. Battery drains rapidly unless you shut if completely down. But it gets the job done.
    2019 Ford Raptor Tow Rig Scarab 195 Open 250HO
    2008 Shelby GT500 VMP Gen II-R (17psi), JLT 123mm CAI, Ford SCJ Monoblade Throttle Body, 56# Injectors, BoostAPumps, VMP triple pass heat exchanger (dual fan), 170* thermostat, BBK long tube headers, Dual resonators, Magnaflow Catback, LC2 Wideband, RXT clutch

Just ordered this one. Best of both worlds. 599.00 on sale right now. HP
    Detachable and touchscreen.
    HP Pavilion x2 - 13-r100dx
    Attached Images Attached Images