Thread: Temp/Fuel Guages Fail when HP Tuners Module Connected

Tuner in Training

Temp/Fuel Guages Fail when HP Tuners Module Connected

Hey guys, of all the strange things I've seen while tuning cars, this takes the cake. I have a 2011 Z06 Corvette on which I just installed heads, cam, and LT headers. Here's what's happening, if I plug in the HP Tuners module to the ODB2 port and then start the car neither the fuel gauge or the temp sensor gauge works. The DIC indicates the engine is hot and the fans kick on....although the engine is ice cold from sitting over night. If I disconnect the HP Tuners module, then start the car the temp and fuel gauges work. If I connect the module after the car is started, it seems to be OK.

Also, I cleared the expected P0300 code by reducing the maxium time between events in the engine diagnostics miss fire tab (in the idle ranges); the P0106 code I cleared by adjusting the Engine Diag section -> General -> MAP Delta. But, the Service Active Handling messages persist, any ideas?

Thanks!
    Last edited by HinesPerf; 11-04-2013 at 09:21 AM.

Probably something to do with the CanBus....
    69 Suburban Bagged & Blown: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=200387
    68 Farm Truck build thread-LS3/6L80/TVS1900: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=358692

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HinesPerf View Post
    Hey guys, of all the strange things I've seen while tuning cars, this takes the cake. I have a 2011 Z06 Corvette on which I just installed heads, cam, and LT headers. Here's what's happening, if I plug in the HP Tuners module to the ODB2 port and then start the car neither the fuel gauge or the temp sensor gauge works. The DIC indicates the engine is hot and the fans kick on....although the engine is ice cold from sitting over night. If I disconnect the HP Tuners module, then start the car the temp and fuel gauges work. If I connect the module after the car is started, it seems to be OK.

Also, I cleared the expected P0300 code by reducing the maxium time between events in the engine diagnostics miss fire tab (in the idle ranges); the P0106 code I cleared by adjusting the Engine Diag section -> General -> MAP Delta. But, the Service Active Handling messages persist, any ideas?

Thanks!

did you ever figure this out? I have same exact issue with gauges and DIC when flashing tune to 2013 Grandsport. Also has active handling message. owner just installed a small cam and everything seems fine otherwise.
    2002 EB C5Z06. ECS Novi, Alky control meth & headers, 633 rwhp