Thread: Turbo Tune Help!!

Potential Tuner

Turbo Tune Help!!

I recently purchased a 2006 turbo mustang with a HP Performance stage 2 turbo kit. The car has a built shortblock with stock cams and heads. It has 39lb/hr injectors and a ford GT pump. The car drives OK with the tune that is in it (diablo) but goes dead lean when ever i go full throttle (aem wideband). I downloaded the tune into HP tuners but im not sure that it transferred. Looks more like a stock tune than anything else. Does anyone have a base tune that I can use to start with? I have tuned lots of LS based stuff, but the mustang is a different story and im not sure what tables to actually mess with. The car has the standard HP 3.5" maf in blow through configuration. Any help would be appreciated. I know there are a few of you who have had success tuning these cars with the turbo kit. Thanks again for any help, im itching to get into boost

Tuner in Training
    post the tune so we can see.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    usually a diablo tuned PCM cannot be opened by HP tuners due to checksum
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Potential Tuner
    The tune can be read, but it looks like a stock setup. Im pretty much having to start from scratch when downloading the tune that us in the car now.

Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner. You'll need to renomalize the Spark "Load" axes to reflect that your Load value is actually higher than stock. Next, disable Cylair Anticipation, Cylair Filter, MAF Adapation, Long-Term Fuel trims and max out the Closed Loop 02 Sensor temperature so you will be tuning in open loop in order for you to dial in your MAF. Next, you'll need to get the proper values for your injectors. I recommend that you look on the injectors for a part number and Google it so you make sure you have the correct values. Next, set the Cylair WOT Multiplier and Cylair Max Multiplier to 1.99 and Max Load to 2.00 or higher, depending on how much boost your running. Now your car will be ready to tune. I would set up a histogram with the MAF Airflow vs. Voltage table with your wideband set as the input for the cells. Then set your Base Fuel table to 1 Lambda across the board and start logging. Make adjustments to your MAF and keep going. It should be a nice smooth curve. Do not go WOT or build too much boost as the car is set to run at 1 Lambda and will be too lean. This is just to get the first part of the MAF transfer accurate. I would start there.
    2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS: RGR 322 3v - JPC Intake - Vortech YSi-B - Magnum T56 XL - Built 8.8 - Full Suspension
    2008 Ford Shelby GT500: VMP Gen 2 - ATI 15% - SCJ TB - Full Bassani Exhaust - Full Suspension - Upper Pulley - Meth Injection - JLT 127mm

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown383 View Post
    Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner. You'll need to renomalize the Spark "Load" axes to reflect that your Load value is actually higher than stock. Next, disable Cylair Anticipation, Cylair Filter, MAF Adapation, Long-Term Fuel trims and max out the Closed Loop 02 Sensor temperature so you will be tuning in open loop in order for you to dial in your MAF. Next, you'll need to get the proper values for your injectors. I recommend that you look on the injectors for a part number and Google it so you make sure you have the correct values. Next, set the Cylair WOT Multiplier and Cylair Max Multiplier to 1.99 and Max Load to 2.00 or higher, depending on how much boost your running. Now your car will be ready to tune. I would set up a histogram with the MAF Airflow vs. Voltage table with your wideband set as the input for the cells. Then set your Base Fuel table to 1 Lambda across the board and start logging. Make adjustments to your MAF and keep going. It should be a nice smooth curve. Do not go WOT or build too much boost as the car is set to run at 1 Lambda and will be too lean. This is just to get the first part of the MAF transfer accurate. I would start there.
    Could you send me a set up histogram for MAF Airflow vs. Voltage table with wideband. I cant figure mine out. I have the LM2 wideband.

I have my MAF volts set up differently than yours most likely. Basically, make a new histogram and set up "Row (Left) Axis Header" as Mass Air Flow (V) and the labels to be equivalent to your MAF Transfer Function in your tune. You want the plot value to be your WBO2. Sometimes people need a voltage correction PID for the WBO2 as a custom PID.
    2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS: RGR 322 3v - JPC Intake - Vortech YSi-B - Magnum T56 XL - Built 8.8 - Full Suspension
    2008 Ford Shelby GT500: VMP Gen 2 - ATI 15% - SCJ TB - Full Bassani Exhaust - Full Suspension - Upper Pulley - Meth Injection - JLT 127mm