Thread: Sudden downshift. what is going on here

Sudden downshift. what is going on here

Hi,
    I have modified a Tahoe/Blazer MY 1994 that had a stock 5.3 TBI and 4L60e with a 6.2 engine from an Escelade MY 2007 and replaced the transmission with an 6L90e. Project described at http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...-the-old-4L60e

All done and car starts , idles and runs reasonably OK save for occasionally the engine dying when slowing down for traffic light stops. My main issue is the sudden downshift at normal driving acceleration. at around 30-40 mph it downshifts suddenly breaking rearwheels and RPM shooting to redline , pretty scary.

This event occurs at 1:24 min . The tune is stock (copied from my DD Denali XL MY 2007).

Apart from one of the O2 sensors not responding , the rest seems to be OK. The MAF sensor is brand new.

any clues or leads

just attached the tune file as well, its all stock as i said.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by abumalik; 11-07-2013 at 02:12 PM.

so no one has a clue why my 6L90 will downshift by 4 gears at normal driving acceleration ?

My Transmission is MY 2009 as indicated by the label 9CKA , while my ECM is E38 from MY 2007 , are these compatible , any body ?
    Last edited by abumalik; 11-08-2013 at 01:54 AM.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    Seems like i am missing a point here, you are cruising and you suddenly go WOT, and it down shifts to the 1st gear?
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

I will be mildly accelerating from a traffic stop and then and by the time i get to 5th or 6th gear it will suddenly downshift all the way to 2nd or 1st (not sure). So I don't go WOT at all, in fact it sometimes happens when I ease off the acceleration. Its driving me crazy.

By the way, I just took out the ECM and plugged into my family DD Yukon Denali AWD (XL) and everything was OK. The difference is that my DD Denali is stock Engine and 6L80 Transmission while in this 1994 Blazer project I have Denali 2007 engine with a 2009 6L90. The other issue is one of the O2 sensors is not functioning (loose connection somewhere in the harness) which doesn't make for an optimum smooth engine running but I cant imagine that is causing this huge downshift !?> or could it ?

Advanced Tuner
    Still have this issue?