Thread: Almost Perfect Tune - Need Advice

Tuner in Training

Almost Perfect Tune - Need Advice

Hey guys. After some work with a wideband, I've got everything dialed in. From VE to MAF to RAF, the car runs great. The only part I am having issues with is off the line throttle response. Going from a stop, the engine kid of bogs a bit and then catches back up. Anyone have a clue towards what is going on and can point me in the right direction? I also attached the tune, and it would be great if someone looked through it. Thanks!

latest_.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    i wouldn't call it perfect, your VE needs work
    You need to adjust your transient tables if your car stumbles, assuming your airflow tables are right

Tuner
    Your MAF and VE both look rough to me. MAF should be a smooth line, no peaks or valleys. VE should be smooth too. Most of your problem is probably that big old flat area in your VE. Also , make a log of when your car stumbles and look at the data to see what happened. Probably a good idea to post your log and cfg if you still can't figure it out.
    2001 Z06 : 856/830 : Built LQ9 403ci : D1SC 17psi : Self-built , self-tuned.

Tuner in Training
    Sorry about that guys. I pulled the file thinking it was the post wideband tuning tune, but it wasn't. Sloppy file management led me into creating another one, so here it is: latest_rtt.hpt

I still have a little bit of that hesitation down low and was searching around and found mention of the throttle cracker and follower tables. Any idea on how to tune these?

Advanced Tuner
    You still need to work on your ve in the light throttle area looks a little choppy.