Thread: VVT Table Mods

VVT Table Mods

I am planning on changing the VVT tables of my truck. I don't expect huge gains, but I believe Pat G when he says there are gains to be had even with the stock cam. So here are my files with stock values and proposed changes. Any comments?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2012 Colorado 5.3
    Magnum 70mm turbo
    RevMax 2800 stall converter
    DevilsOwn meth

Senior Tuner
    add one degree of retard above 5800. nothing else needs to be done. The 08-09 tables need a lot of work, the new ones a re much better and very little is to be gained by doing so.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Do you think I should get rid of that big plume of retard in the cruise range? I've been told it is there to minimize pumping losses which increases MPGs on the highway. Funny thing is the hwy MPG ratings for VVT and non-VVT Colorados is the same! Maybe reduce the plume by 50%? Just wondering...I'm after max power and don't give a shit about a 1/2 MPG.
    2012 Colorado 5.3
    Magnum 70mm turbo
    RevMax 2800 stall converter
    DevilsOwn meth

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    I would reduce it which would advance the cam timing, but uptop you really need a dyno to really see if you have gain or not
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyvette View Post
    Do you think I should get rid of that big plume of retard in the cruise range? I've been told it is there to minimize pumping losses which increases MPGs on the highway. Funny thing is the hwy MPG ratings for VVT and non-VVT Colorados is the same! Maybe reduce the plume by 50%? Just wondering...I'm after max power and don't give a shit about a 1/2 MPG.
    There is more to that table than just mpg. I would leave it be as you will not notice a huge swing in low end power by reducing it, or zeroing it out.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.