Thread: Awesome Results From SultanHassanMasTuning!

Awesome Results From SultanHassanMasTuning!

Hey All,

I reached out to The Sultan a couple weeks ago asking for some pointers on getting rid of TM. Not only did he help in that area, he gave me some excellent suggestions in several other areas. My 2012 Colorado 5.3 now runs like a beast! No dyno numbers to back up my praise, but seat-of-the-pants feel is truly amazing! To top it off, fuel mileage has not suffered at all when I don't drive like a maniac lol!

So many thanks to SultanHassanMasTuning for helping a tuner-in-training. This guy not only knows his stuff, he was super friendly and willing to help my noob ass! Cheers!

Tony

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    Tony,

Glad I could help out this is what we are here for Cheers!
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Senior Tuner
    There are a few here that should get recognition more than they do. There are some kick-ass dudes hanging around these parts that have been very forthcoming in helping the HP community. Nice to see this!
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
    There are a few here that should get recognition more than they do. There are some kick-ass dudes hanging around these parts that have been very forthcoming in helping the HP community. Nice to see this!
    Yeh that's true. Problem with torque management is really there is no global answer on it. Every transmission is different and the ecu's interact with them differently year to year. Alot of times you can kill off apart of the torque management on a global setting and it will effect the drive ability. I find reducing the torque management under the adders works best.... and just leaving most of the stock settings alone. If you run stock timing you can remove key things like power downshift etc.... but if u run more timing it will feel like a brick hitting the trans on a WOT switch.

Tuning for the most part is a simple idea tho....... take the tune, do the ve and the maf properly and without any other changes the car should respond as it was before you did some normal upgrades like OTR intakes and exhaust etc without major modifications etc.

One thing thats a bit of a misconception I have learned is nothing is meant to be 'smooth'. MAF/VE should be exactly adjusted how the wideband requires as airflow is rather unstable anyway. I did maf and ve smoothing and I found just adjusting the maf and ve as to what the wideband reported completely fixed all my issues. So keep that in mind if u have future mods to come.
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

Would you mind posting your tune for the 2012 Colorado I-5?
    Thanks,
    Current project:
    2016 Hellcat Charger over the 200 mph...
    Email: [email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Ya please share the tune so we can all learn a little something 😉

Who removed the information that I had requested? I had seen both of Tony's tunes and the comment from Sultan about logging 1st... then it disappeared. Are we sharing information with each other or keeping it to ourselves? Someone please inbox me, and let me know if I am doing this wrong? Thank you.
    Current project:

Looking at this while on lunch break. Once I get home tonight I will post my tune. @AWEBB it is not a I-5 tune, it is a 5.3 tune E67 pcm.
    2012 Colorado 5.3
    Magnum 70mm turbo
    RevMax 2800 stall converter
    DevilsOwn meth

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks man , those 5.3 colorados are hard to come by I looked prior to buying my Tbss

Here are a couple tunes from before my turbo days. The later one may have a few tweaks to original TM mods, but not sure cuz I didn't look at them before posting.

Tune as of 10-13-13.hptTune as of 12-8-13.hpt
    2012 Colorado 5.3
    Magnum 70mm turbo
    DevilsOwn meth

Quote Originally Posted by Maxspeed96ct View Post
    Thanks man , those 5.3 colorados are hard to come by I looked prior to buying my Tbss
    Yeah, they only made around 700 a year, 2009-12. Most people who see my truck for the first time are surprised when I tell them it's a factory V8. Then they really flip when I tell them I turbo'd it!
    2012 Colorado 5.3
    Magnum 70mm turbo
    DevilsOwn meth

thank you very much for re-posting the tunes. We greatly appreciate it!
    Current project: