Thread: Scaling tune for high HP vehicles

Scaling tune for high HP vehicles

I've got a 2007 Mustang GT with a 302 stroker and a single turbo. See sig for details. I believe I am hitting an airflow limit in the PCM. I know older PCMs had a 63.9#/min limit and right now I'm pushing ~70#/min and I could not add anymore fuel to the car to get it richer than 12.5 at high RPM. Do 2005+ cars have an airflow limit? I multiplied Engine Displacement, Injector Slopes and Breakpoint, MAF Transfer Function by 0.65. I tried 0.5 first but I was getting an unusual condition where at low speeds the car would not go WOT. It would very slowly open up the throttle. I am still getting a little of that with it scaled at 0.65. I think that may be related to the "Driver Demand Engine" table. I am a little afraid to modify it because ETC is simply a little scary to play with. With the tune scaled 0.65, now Load is hitting as high as 2.4 and I'm pretty sure I'm hitting different points on my spark tables as a result. Do I have to renormalize everything since the tune is scaled? I haven't scaled Manifold Displacement because I did not want to mess with transient fueling quite yet. Any advice on scaling a tune to avoid the airflow limit? Thanks! The only datalogs I have are in SCT LiveLink GenII.
    Last edited by Blown383; 10-26-2013 at 01:10 AM.
    2007 Ford Mustang GT/CS: RGR 322 3v - JPC Intake - Vortech YSi-B - Magnum T56 XL - Built 8.8 - Full Suspension
    2008 Ford Shelby GT500: VMP Gen 2 - ATI 15% - SCJ TB - Full Bassani Exhaust - Full Suspension - Upper Pulley - Meth Injection - JLT 127mm

Tuner
    cylair wot,cylair max multipliers should be set to max

How much DC injectors has? How much air load are You getting without scaling?
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl

The 2005-2010 Mustangs do not have the 63.99 lbm/min airflow limit as the older Ford's did. It is critical to have a proper (non-scaled) MAF curve for the drive by wire system to work properly.