Thread: "Emissions tune"

Potential Tuner

"Emissions tune"

hello everyone 1st post/thread but i been lurking here for a while trying to get this problem fixed and im hoping you guys can help.

I drive a 09 Cobalt 2.2 LAP w/the SAI pump
    I've changed the exhaust manifold/downpipe/catback and to install the new exhaust manifold i had to disconnect my SAI pump since it was connected with the old exhaust manifold, in turn that gave me a P0411 and the new downpipe w/cat (ZZP) i got a P0420 which both got tuned out but i still get a historic fault on both of those codes which im starting to think thats why my readiness never sets to ready.

I'm no tuner but if someone can tell me what needs to be done I got a buddy that i go to that has HPT that been helping me out with trying to solve this but he's not a pro either he has it for remote tunes with his guy. Any help you guys can give me would be great. I read a thread or 2 in here and i see they solved their problems but i dont understand half of whats being said. this is one of the threads http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ight=emissions

I currently need to pass my emissions inspection (NYC) and i'm having the EVAP system in "not ready" in the readiness status and the secondary air system in "not ready". sorry if the photo is too big.

Potential Tuner
    afternoon bump, i only got 10 days left

Tuner in Training
    I think people are ignoring this post since messing with emissions equipment can be illegal.
    If you notice, even in the thread you posted on the second page wangspeed said he couldn't get the cats to report ready and had to install the stock DP and equipment to pass emissions.

Thats all I can say, and honestly, I don't know how to set them to "ready". I know my silverado shows incomplete on EVAP because my gas tank breather valve is in-op. My area allows one incomplete so I didn't bother doing anything about it except turning the MIL off and error not reported. It still does not "ready" the evap.

Potential Tuner
    Yea I know that's why I'm not forcing anyone just asking nicely, sadly i don't have my stock cat, if worst comes to worst I'll look in a junk yard and install one maybe get at least 1 more to ready I should be good

Tuner in Training
    Well, best of luck.
    Also search on the cobaltSS forum. There was much more discussion about emission codes etc. Maybe someone overthere has more info. Search with the DTC codes you posted here. I checked quickly, there was some discussion, but I didn't really see any solutions.

Senior Tuner
    In theory, you would go into your DTC's, set everything to 3 "no error reported" and do not uncheck boxes. When you pass, set all dtc's back to what you had... in theory that is...
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Tuner in Training
    I know on the LNF if you set the DTC to 3 it never sets the tests to ready...well on a sky that is...YMMV. Looking up the drive patterns required to set everything to ready is helpful if you are on a short timeframe, otherwise it can take quite a bit of driving even after you make changes. Good luck.

Google is your friend... but I'm feeling generous today too!

http://www.obdii.com/drivecycle.html

OBD Emissions drive cycle can be done in 10-15min, I did it at night so the air was cold and I had little traffic to futs with.

I have tried to trick the LNF ECU on 5 different cars 07-09 Kappa and Delta, as a proof of concept for education purposes only. On 3 of the cars it was easy and works every yea... time. 1 is fussy and doesn't always work and 1 never worked no matter what I tried. Each year and platform seems to need slightly different combination of DTC'c enabled/disabled/or set value, so your going to have to play with it some. I would make a bunch of different tune files with different combinations, go out for a drive&test. Takes me about 2-3 hours to figure it out.

--Christian

Potential Tuner
    ty for all replies and help, i'm gonna visit my friend with HP tuners tomorrow and hopefully we can get sorted out. I drove about 1k miles and still had those 2 set not ready, im aware of the GM drive cycle, done it plenty.