Thread: Wont start up, where to start with base tune.

Tuner in Training

Wont start up, where to start with base tune.

So i just started and have an SD tune i got from the repository, figured it would give me a better place to start since i didn't even have a stock/modified tune for my 404ci.

The base tune i had was on efi, so i had to start over. Since the tune i downloaded had a ton of changes i compared it to a stock ls2 tune and modified it back as close as possible. That way i can start over from there. The tune was changed for the difference in displacement and ls7 injectors based on the info i found on here.

I had adjusted the primary VE tables not realizing there was a cranking one. So i made adjustments there untill it seemed like it was going to run. Then i played with the cranking Ve to get it to turn over a few rotations before dying. I figure my struggle is due to the cam size .

Any advice would be great, here is the set up.

404ci
    11.1:1
    Afr 225's
    238/246 .615”/.615” 112LSA +2
    Super vic
    4150 to 4500 adapter
    4500 edlebrock TB
    1 7/8's long tubes
    ls7 injectors

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by marcello7x; 10-23-2013 at 03:53 PM. Reason: slight update

Potential Tuner
    Is it a 2 Bar tune? I didn't install the 2 bar map before loading mine and the car didn't start. Popped the new sensor in and it cranked right up.
    2002 T/A

Tuner in Training
    Nope it's a 1bar.

Since hpt couldn't read my original file I also assumed I couldn't run a log on it either. I plugged in the old pcm and tried logging it and it works. So I can log it to see what parameters it idled and runs at and import those numbers into my tune.

I have to recal my o2 and wire it into hpt so I couldnt take a useful log yet.

I've never used the histogram feature, what are the important aspects to log at crank and idle?