Thread: Small and Large injector?

Potential Tuner

Small and Large injector?

I have changed my injectors to a 42 pound set up and looking at Greg banishes CD he has 2 numbers listed (I dont have it right this second) I have the stock height injectors for a LS1 but the number I have Greg has listed as short body? I have input the injector data for the exact number on the injector body but Greg has it listed as a small body but it is just the standard. Which injector data should I use?? Thank you!

There are different diameter (not length) injector bodies. The older EV1 Lime Green Top injectors originally came on the Ford Lightning pickup and we used these a ton on LSx projects before other options became available. Eventually Ford/Bosch stopped making that part after the Lightning was out of production for a while and FRPP released a new replacement injector from a different Bosch family/design. As a result, they have completely different characterization data.

Potential Tuner
    These ones are a Siemens 60LB injector. did this happen to these as well? Should I use the data for the matching injector number on the injector itself because it is refferences as a small injector; they also have the same injector listed as a large injector but a different number. The size of the ones I have look like a typical EV1 injector? Thank you so much for your help!

Tuner
    if the part number matches, why is this even a question?

Potential Tuner
    Becaue the part number in the book reffers to it as a small body injector. the injectors I have have are a standard body injector. The book has 2 numbers one for a small and one for a big so I am unsure which info to use. I have tried both injector datas and they both seem to run ok but I have not done too much tuning untill I know which info to use. Does this make sense??