Thread: abs and speedo issues

Potential Tuner

abs and speedo issues

I have a 2006 silverado with a 5.3. i changed the gears to 4.56 and put 35 inch tires on it. In the start the rear abs sensor was reading faster then the front.
    I went in with my snap on verus and changed the abs tire size to 31/10.5 in the abs module and used hptuners to change the tire and gear size in the pcm. with both at 31 the rear still reads faster. I then modified the hptuner tire size until the abs sensors read the same mph when driving. Now i have no abs light or code c0245 anymore just my abs activates when i am almost stopped at almost every stop. It was safer to drive with the abs light coming on because once the abs light came on the abs was deactivated. Is there a way to fix it to work like factory again or am i doomed to have some sort of issue with it because of the tire and gear change?

Tuner in Training
    graph the wheel speed sensors and see what one drops out at low speeds, like around 5-7 mph.
    1985 Monte Carlo SS
    6.0 LQ9 - built 4L60e -ford 9" w/4.30 gears

Potential Tuner
    the left front drops out right before the abs pump activates. so is it maybe a bearing/sensor issue rather then a tuning issue at this point?

Tuner in Training
    yep its a sensor problem. remove the sensor from the hub and clean the rust off and i bet its going to be fine. what happens is the rust is pushing the sensor out to far.
    1985 Monte Carlo SS
    6.0 LQ9 - built 4L60e -ford 9" w/4.30 gears