Thread: aem wideband failsafe strategy

Potential Tuner

aem wideband failsafe strategy

just looking for ideas on different thoughts....what could i trigger when failsafe is set
    car is a supercharged c5 making about 1k to the wheels

my thoughts were when failsafe is triggered use a relay to interrupt power to the intake temp sensor with will cause it to read some really low negative temp...then setup -10 timing pull at that temp
    some say kill the coils ,other say cut fuel
    thoughts?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    you could kill coils but when the circuit dies codes will be set which could be a good thing as far as CYOA goes. If this is intended to run in the background and not set codes i would run a modified resistance through a relay on the iat to trigger temp shift as described. by going that route you should be able to modify both fuel and ignition as desired without throwing a code (as long as the relay is fast enough or solid state).

i personally like the iat method as i get more controls as a tuner and i can tailor the circuit to set a code if desired.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    i have been trying to wire up the iat method with no luck....i cut the ground wire of the sensor and used the failsafe ground trigger on the iat sensor instead of the oem ground(no relay no nothing)....i set the aem failsafe to supply ground all the time to the iat and only cut cut ground when failsaafe triggered......it works for a while but then the iat sensor stops reading the correct temp.....dont get it