Thread: Disabling FlexFuel on 2012 Focus *urgent*

Exclamation Disabling FlexFuel on 2012 Focus *urgent*

Greetings:
    I am having incredible trouble trying to find information on DISABLING/REMOVING/BYPASSING the FlexFuel option on my 2012 Ford Focus SEL.

The vehicle is converted to CNG, and runs excellent (via EcoFuel equipment from Vancouver, BC).

When I fill up the unleaded gasoline tank, Flexfuel locks me out for 20-30 miles *everytime* before I can switch to my CNG. I need FlexFuel to *never* scan my contents for full E85 as this vehicle will never touch the stuff. It consistently gets in the way of things I'm doing, and I would like more than ANYTHING to bypass its BS checks so it doesnt lock me out again.

Details:
    Ford Focus 2012
    EDI ID: HKJ3
    Style: SEL
    Body: Hatchback
    Transmission: Manual 5 speed

I am looking for a:

- custom software for a tuning unit (HP/SCT/anyone) and advice on what tuning unit to purchase
    - a custom replicator sensor?
    - mechanical bypass?
    - custom hardware to achieve the desired result?
    - advice on disabling/bypassing/removing Flexfuel scans and activity on this Focus by any other means not mentioned

I'm willing to pay *extra* to have a concrete solution ASAP. I've been searching for weeks to no avail and we really need this hurdle overcome like yesterday.

Any and all information is appreciated folks.

Thanks for your time

WF

Tuner
    i think the best way would be via software but currently hp tuners doesnt support your car, i hope they will but is something the guys from support know not me
    they are currently adding new stuff, sct supports it but you would need to buy a handheld and pay for a custom tune to disable that

I need a guy to write a custom tune then!

Would you happen to have a reference for someone who could program me a custom tune to remove FlexFuel in our Focus? Also, which SCT unit would I be needing to start this process?