Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Boss 2 Tunes one for Track key and one for Regular key.

2012 Boss 2 Tunes one for Track key and one for Regular key.

Just wanted to share that I tuned a 2012 Boss yesterday And was able to essentially do 2 tunes with The 2 different keys. One for nitrous and one for motor. In case anyone was thinking of doing the same or wondered if it would work. Worked very well.

Advanced Tuner
    Can you send the unedited files?

Im curious what this looks like

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RickClarke23 View Post
    Just wanted to share that I tuned a 2012 Boss yesterday And was able to essentially do 2 tunes with The 2 different keys. One for nitrous and one for motor. In case anyone was thinking of doing the same or wondered if it would work. Worked very well.
    Very nice to see more people using the Tack key tabs for stuff like this

Quote Originally Posted by mattlinke View Post
    Can you send the unedited files?

Im curious what this looks like
    Just open up a Boss file, the track key tabs are available in v3.5+

Advanced Tuner
    ^lol. didnt think that through when i asked.

Ill look at one. thanks

I saw track key support was added, but could have sworn it was all in the background and uneditable. Cool, will have to check this out.

EDIT: Could someone post an example of a file? Looked through a couple and still not seeing the track key tabs like Jn2 mentioned. I have version 3.6.something installed.
    Last edited by AKDMB; 08-23-2017 at 04:16 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I checked the 2 boss files that I have, as well as the 2 i found in the repository and i didnt see anything track key related. on 3.6 and on beta both. Maybe I need to update IDK.

Unless im missing something.

Advanced Tuner
    Here you go, 2012 Boss with Track Key...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jn2; 08-24-2017 at 01:50 PM.

Senior Tuner
    This is very cool. Anyone try a GT with two keys programmed and this OS?

Advanced Tuner
    I'm curious if that works too; cause I am about to have my second key programmed to the car soon. I don't know what I will do with it; but its a cool option to have.

Also; the posted file has a different OSID than the other boss files ive seen. Did it have track key programmed to it before it was read out?

Advanced Tuner
    Here are the instructions for the Boss Key, you need the VCMII tool in order to program a key as a "Track Key", from what I can see this can be any third key, doesn't need to specifically be a Red key, just need too have 2 admin key's in order to program the third, then use IDS to program that key as the track key. Someone with a VCM tool would have to try this and let us know if it works. The step I would try is:

- Change to Boss strategy
    - Use VCMII to check for Track Key function;
    - Enable track key and program third key as your track key

https://performanceparts.ford.com/do...ation_V2.2.pdf
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jn2; 08-24-2017 at 02:19 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    Here are the instructions for the Boss Key, you need the IDS tool in order to program a key as a "Track Key", from what I can see this can be any third key, doesn't need to specifically be a Red key, just need too have 2 admin key's in order to program the third, then use IDS to program that key and the track key, coupled with the Boss strategy that should let you get the Track Key functions

https://performanceparts.ford.com/do...ation_V2.2.pdf
    Awesome. I appreciate the information. I have customers switching tunes with an nGauge that this would be good for.

Advanced Tuner
    Right on. Thanks!

Im probably gonna do it. Though Im not even sure what id do with it on my own car lol.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ridenrunwv View Post
    Awesome. I appreciate the information. I have customers switching tunes with an nGauge that this would be good for.
    You would need to license the new VIN/Strategy using actual credits to work on nGauge. So you would end up spending another $200+the $100 you already spent.

- $100 licensing the Boss strategy(one time expense for 11/12 and again for 13/14)
    - Then $100 to license the customers new VIN/Boss strategy combo(done for every customer who makes the change)

Senior Tuner
    With unlimited license it is a better deal. You have to license a tune to put it on an nGauge even if you have unlimited for that vehicle. Looks like you might have to sell them the Boss Track Key to get the voucher to flash it though. M-14204-MBTKA and it looks like it is discontinued. Might not work for GT use because I'll bet IDS will not let you program the key as a track key without a voucher.

Advanced Tuner
    Itd be neat if HPT could do it.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mattlinke View Post
    Itd be neat if HPT could do it.
    Yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if they couldn't provide key programming functionality. Would be a nice thing to make the support of the track key OS much more useful because as of right now this is only useful to a very small percentage of the 2011-2014 Mustangs out there.

Senior Tuner
    The load axis in the track key torque tables of that tune are wrong.

Thanks for this info, now time to figure out how Ford decided to implement their "Ghost Cam"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    The load axis in the track key torque tables of that tune are wrong.
    It's a stock tune...that specific customer no longer had a functioning track key since he lost his keys and had new ones made

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
    It's a stock tune...that specific customer no longer had a functioning track key since he lost his keys and had new ones made
    Wrong as in, HPT is populating the axis wrong.