Thread: vvt delete

Tuner in Training

vvt delete

i just done a vvt delete on a 2010 Silverado.does anyone know what all i need to disable in the tune?thanks in advance

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    what did you delete exactly so we can help you
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    what did you delete exactly so we can help you
    variable valve timing.i got a 2010 Silverado with a 4.8.i put a tsp 220 cam in it and I deleted the vvt.im thinking that I didn't turn everything off in the tune for the vvt cause now its going into reduced engine power about once a day and I checked codes and it had p0068,p0219a and p0116

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    post your tune and i will review it to see if it was properly deleted in the tune
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Senior Tuner
    set the vvt cam tables to zero on the intake side. shut off the code for the vvt as well. you can zero out the vvt spark tables if you want. you do not need to zero out the vvt cam tables themselves as those are now voided by setting the intake cam number to zero.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Area47 View Post
    set the vvt cam tables to zero on the intake side. shut off the code for the vvt as well. you can zero out the vvt spark tables if you want. you do not need to zero out the vvt cam tables themselves as those are now voided by setting the intake cam number to zero.
    i didn't set the cam number to zero.i think that's only thing i didn't do.thanks for the info

Tuner in Training
    I set cam number to zero and set vvt cam tables to zero on intake side.i think I got all vvt codes shut off but its still going into reduced engine power.it don't do it every day.i drove about 100 miles a day and its doing it about every other day.when it goes in reduced engine power I can shut it off and crank it back up and it wont do it again for acouple days.will someone please look at my tune and tell me what im doing wrong.thanks in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Bump can someone please look at my tune and tell me what I'm not doing right?thanks,josh

Tuner in Training
    Although I don't have a stock file to compare what you changed. I don't think the reduced power has anything to do with the VVT changes you made. Under engine diagnostics, General, P0068 set enable rpm high (like 7000) to test. See if that clears up the recurring codes. If it does fix it I would go back and look at the tables for that code and compare them with your base tune tables.

I'm also assuming you already checked you ECT sensor. Have no idea why it's kicking the fuel trim cylinder balance bank 1.
    Haven't dealt with any 2010 4.8L trucks.
    Last edited by RBM; 10-27-2013 at 03:55 AM.

Tuner in Training
    I set p0068 real high so it won't run and it stopped going into reduced engine power.now the only codes its kicking up. Is po219a.any ideas why it would be throwing this code?its not even in the dtc's list

Did you figure this out?
    69 Suburban Bagged & Blown: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=200387
    68 Farm Truck build thread-LS3/6L80/TVS1900: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=358692

Potential Tuner

2.4 with non vvt L61 cylinder head and comp cams start and idle issues.

Hey guys lots of good info here thats for sure. I have a question. I have a built 2.4 in my 07 Saturn Sky with a L61 head with stage 3 Comp Cams, Lysholm 1.6L supercharger, long tube header, and a AEM alcohol injection system. After installing the comp cams and getting rid of the VVT it doesnt like to idle and cranks for a few seconds before starting. I understand that without the cams and only the crank sensor if it doesnt start right away it goes to the alternate DTC cylinder. I was told be a GM Engineer the only way to stop the long crank due to the ECM not seeing the cam sesnors is to buy a stand alone Engine management computer like the AEM Infinity. If this true or by changing the number of cams to NONE will that help?
    Thanks

Tuner in Training
    in your program ltft are turned off

Potential Tuner
    I have done a VVT delete on my 2013 Sierra 2500hd, I followed the advice from above but I'm getting a ton of codes. Any advice would be much apricated. p0113, p0340, p2089,p2534