Thread: lq4 in 95 z28

Tuner in Training

lq4 in 95 z28

so me and my brother are finishing up his swap its an lq4 into a 95 z28 obviously...that was in the title. Anyway im sure this has been answered somewhere. but when I google it all I find is people only swapping pcms not motor and all. im just wondering if there is anything I need to do in the pcm to get this car started do I have to flash the cars vin into the pcm or how does all that work. Im very stupid, so if you guys could point me to a link, or just tell me here I would very much appreciate it.

Tuner in Training
    still curious

Tuner in Training
    cmon

Tuner in Training
    bump please help

Tuner in Training
    update the car starts and dies within 2-3 seconds so something is not right any ideas

Did you disable the VATS?

Russ kemp

Tuner in Training
    no I have not done anything with the tune

Tuner in Training
    its just the original tune from the denali the motor came out of

Post your tune ... and start reading Forum posts related to tuning your particular controller ... learning to tune is a self-education process with a very steep initial learning curve

Tuner in Training
    I realize this I have been reading a ton and its very hard for me to just learn from reading and not doing things hands on but im trying. just wanna get this car running its my brothers car and he just turned 16 and has been working on this thing for over a year.

Glad to hear you are trying to self-educate ... never believe yourself to be stupid (your first post) ... often our individual mindsets partially define reality in actuality ... a little self-confidence combined with a lot of hard work will serve you well.

That's the end of the pep-talk - post the tune when you can.

Tuner in Training
    i will attempt to upload the tune sometime this weekend. Thanks for the pep talk shrek! ha

Potential Tuner
    Hello zed06, once you have the tuning software loaded and configured, once you open the tuning software. Go into the tab called system, and at the bottom there will be a security function, you need to disable this and it should in-theory fire right up and stay running.

Hope this helps.

Tuner in Training
    I just tried uploading the tune I don't think I did it right how do I go about uploading my tune for you guys to see thank you

Tuner in Training
    the motor is from a 2002 gmc Yukon I think in that tune the maf should be failed vats turned off and the injector info is copied from a stock c5z since the injectors in the motor are from a c5z. we are just trying to get the motor started and hold idle it has a ported ls2 intake, longtubes. Alot of stuff is unplugged, we have no maf, only front o2s, map is hooked but we dont know if its working, water temp, iac, alternator, tps is hooked up but doesn't read in the scanner all that is still unhooked what is the minimum we need plugged in to start the car