Thread: E38 PCM L92 SWAP Odd problem ------------ Runs but no powertrain relay control-------

Potential Tuner

E38 PCM L92 SWAP Odd problem ------------ Runs but no powertrain relay control-------

Long story short Im finishing a l92 swap and got the car fired and running but not able to use the powertrain relay output to work. I tried different relays even an oem gm powertrain relay but no go.. I have to feed the powertrain relay myself to power up the coils and stuff.. also no fuel pump control either... i get a ground blipping on my probe when i crank the engine (it starts blipping and stops when i hit the key to crank)but not a constant signal to power a relay seems like a pwm signal to way it pulses but not strength ... i dont have a scope to look at the wave signal.. but other wise the car fires right up and runs..
    I haven't been able to drive it yet as im finishing up the wiring and misc stuff... also I have attached a relay and resisters to the starter control wire (yellow/black) but still no luck.. i have enabled diagnostic and disabled it to the starter relay but still no signal at the powertrain output wire... now i can just wire it to a switched power but dont want to risk burning up the coils by accidentally leaving the ign powered on for to long.. anybody know of a relay that can sense minimal rpm to act like pcm and switch it off if it sees no rpm but key on power? also can it be when a removed to vats i removed 1 and 2 at the same time maybe it didn't need both removed and that is causing the computer not to use those outputs(powertrain and fuel pump)?

Any help would be appreciated,
    Marvin

Potential Tuner
    Is there a way to set the pwm on the fuel pump control wire (green/white) to 100% so that i get a constant ground to the output? I know on the e67 ecm its possible.. I worked on a dual pump setup on a 09 cts v and when we removed the factory fuel pump control module the green/white wire has constant ground when active..on that setup it controls two bosch relays 30amp's each.. I dont remember were it was set on the ctv s but i know it have a constant ground when active not pulsing like a pwm setup..