Thread: VE commodore L77 manual having problems with setting up maffless tune

Potential Tuner

VE commodore L77 manual having problems with setting up maffless tune

hey guys wondering if i can get some pointers here relatively new to hp tuners .
    I have done a bit with it in the past but mainly running the computer for someone as they told me what to do and it has been a few years since i have picked it up .

I am trying to do a maffless tune on a ve ss commodore wagon it is an e85 model long story short has had a cam extractors and exhaust vcm otr double row chain ect ect

i licenced the tune not an issue and added the 2 bar enhancement without issue and as a starting point
    i started copying some tabels from a base tune that come with my software ect

basically with all the tables copied from a base maffless tune the car would start and stall instantly

played around for a while and could not remember where i was going wrong so decided to flash stock tune back in

car ran and ok for no maff so i went back in and only copied what i thought would be some of the main tables i would need

flashed it in and car went into safety mode so i shut it down and now even when i flash the stock tune it it wont start

wondering if someon would have a base tune setup for maffless to sute an L77 manual as only maffless tunes i have are L98 and unsure if that is what is causeing me problems or i have just lost myself any help would be great thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bird View Post
    hey guys wondering if i can get some pointers here relatively new to hp tuners .
    I have done a bit with it in the past but mainly running the computer for someone as they told me what to do and it has been a few years since i have picked it up .

I am trying to do a maffless tune on a ve ss commodore wagon it is an e85 model long story short has had a cam extractors and exhaust vcm otr double row chain ect ect

i licenced the tune not an issue and added the 2 bar enhancement without issue and as a starting point
    i started copying some tabels from a base tune that come with my software ect

basically with all the tables copied from a base maffless tune the car would start and stall instantly

played around for a while and could not remember where i was going wrong so decided to flash stock tune back in

car ran and ok for no maff so i went back in and only copied what i thought would be some of the main tables i would need

flashed it in and car went into safety mode so i shut it down and now even when i flash the stock tune it it wont start

wondering if someon would have a base tune setup for maffless to sute an L77 manual as only maffless tunes i have are L98 and unsure if that is what is causeing me problems or i have just lost myself any help would be great thanks
    Best bet post your tune and the one you copied the base mafless tables from as you refer to them...... to see if your heading in the right direction.

Im in the middle of sorting out mine for mafless ...... l76. still working on my startup issues
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

VE table is a mess, import my attached one and scale backwards with a wideband, keep it smooth......... this is only as a quick starter one.

Set maf to fail at 0hz in engine diag, disable dtcs for the maf..... check open loop tables in various temp areas, set to 1.0 for anything less then 1 to help starting the car until you've sorted out the ve table correctly with a wideband etc
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

Potential Tuner
    thanks bud ill give it a go