Thread: Pedal vs TPS position help wanted!

Tuner

Pedal vs TPS position help wanted!

After installation of Nick Williams 102mm throttle body and a tune that seems to be working pretty well, I'm noticing a "dead zone" in the throttle pedal from roughly 15% to 35% pedal position. After the pedal is passed that threshold the car suddenly becomes much more responsive to throttle. Tuner says it doesn't look like a "tuning" issue (afr or timing). It's making the car difficult to drive and unsafe especially in corners. After examining the log , I can see a big difference in the ramp rate of the pedal% vs the TPS%. TPS% and Desired Throttle% are almost identical as they should be , but the pedal just seems to be on different curve. I'm tempted but scared to mess with the ETC tables due to the warnings. Are there other values that will help get my pedal more in sync with the TPS?

Love this forum and all the info. Any help would be much appreciated , thanks guys!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by nkautz; 10-11-2013 at 07:25 PM.
    2001 Z06 : 856/830 : Built LQ9 403ci : D1SC 17psi : Self-built , self-tuned.

You need to log 24 bytes or less to increase the scanner frames/sec. And your not logging spark advance or commanded AFR. My electronic throttle tables are stock on my 2001 ZO6 with a 418 stroker, no issues at all.

Russ Kemp

Tuner
    Ok , I'll remove some pids from my CFG and add spark advance and commanded AFR. I'll repost my files after that if I still can't figure it out. Thank you very much, sir.

Tuner

New log , tune , cfg.

Ok , here is the new log, tune , and cfg. I played with the timing a little bit to see if I could get any improvement, but it didn't seem to do much , the issue is still there.
    Attached Files Attached Files

You need to log TPS%, not ETC desired position. And I see that you raised your burst knock retard table over stock, I would start by halving the stock table and might be able to zero it if you don't get burst knock.

Also take a look at your fueling in the chart view, very erratic AFR & fuel trims at times.

Russ Kemp

Tuner
    I decided to put a ported LS2 TB on instead... Throttle is much smoother now. I may return to the NW102 at some point when I have a better understanding of tuning, but for now I'd rather be able to drive my car. I think there is something mechanically screwy about the way my nw102 blade opens. And it goes into REP sometimes P1515

i'm about to do the same thing as you NW coming off and LS2 going on i get rep mode 1 out of 3 pulls

tried emailing NW about it and never got any response tried calling hinson super cars 4 times (place of purchase) always promised a call back but never actually got a call back or a voice mail what a EPIC waste of money
    2002 Z06-408LQ4 583RWHP 496RWTQ on E85 / 919RWHP 895RWTQ @300 shot