Thread: LNF Axis Editing

Tuner

LNF Axis Editing

Hey all,

Has anyone found any benefit to adjusting the axis' for tables in the LNF? I was breaking down each of my tables, and I am just nit picking at with my tune now. I have been looking at RPM vs. Load, and wondered if their were any pros and cons worth knowing to adjusting the values.

For example the max value in the RPM axis for Optimum Spark, Spark, DAL, and MAF Correction are all set at 6,320. While the WG Duty Cycle is 6,300, Lambda is 6,000, Hom Single Low is, 6520, and the Intake and Exhaust Cam tables everyone seems to adjust are set at 6,000.

I have also noted that Intake Cam, Exhaust Cam, DAL, Spark, Opti Spark, and the WG Duty Cycle each have 16 values, while Lambda, and Hom Single Low 12 and MAF Correction has 12.

I realize this may be confusing at this point. Back to my main point though. Is there any benefit to adjusting the tables axis' to match up better, and looking at the Spark table for example. If I were to make the max value for the RPM axis 6,000(I usually refrain from shifting past 6,300 RPM), would that cmd the value for that for each cell above that field in the same way I have observed?

If anything I have said is confusing please let me know and I'd be happy to clarify, and this applies to the load axis as well, but I don't think I will get into that side of my questions until I hear back on this.

Thanks!

From a personal stand point, I see a benefit, but that also depends on the setup. I'm running a larger turbo than stock so quite a few of my table axis' are rescaled one way or another to maximize certain areas of the power curve. On a stock turbo, again depending on the setup and even sometimes what fuel you're running, you can see some small advantages to utilize power. In some stock turbo applications I will sometimes (not always) rescale to some degree or another the Maf Correction table, Cam tables, Lambda table, and Spark Advance tables. Again, just from my personal stand point, I believe it can help utilize certain areas of the power curve along and also help with the "chasing your tail" syndrome that can sometimes happen when a small area of a tune never seems to quite get dialed in right partly due to a table axis not quite being scaled correctly to match the desired tune.
    09 Cobalt SS - E47+EFR6758 =

07 Silverado ECSB LBZ Duramax - Bunches of goodies