Thread: histogram air fuel ratio error help

Tuner

histogram air fuel ratio error help

ok I am new to tuning so bare with me im an idiot. I have set up a histogram for air fuel ratio error, with engine speed as the column header and manifold absolute pressure as the row header. using the same labels as the primary ve table. this is what im unsure of... when i look at the primary table when the wide band shows rich the percentage of error goes in the positive... if im correct after I log this histogram can I copy my histogram and under "paste special" "multiply by percentage" correct my ve table for modifications like cold air intake, or headers etc. any info greatly appreciated

Advanced Tuner
    If it's rich and positive then you are doing it wrong. I use (((actual/commanded)x100)-100) or ((actual-commanded)/commanded)x100. Both will give you a +/- % similar to a fuel trim that the paste special multiply by percent will work with.

If it's rich then that means the airflow numbers in the calibrating are too big and new to be lowered. You can use that same error in a MAF histo as well.
    2006 Holden Monaro I Phantom Black Metallic I Red I One of 416
    L92/L76 I Streetsweeper HTR I SLP LT I LoudMouth 2
    JHP V2 I Powdercoated Black 18s I Kyne Splitter

2001 GTP I Stock DD

Tuner
    I got the right idea just got it turned around, thanks