Thread: 2007-2009 TBSS with 4L80E tune/segments

2007-2009 TBSS with 4L80E tune/segments

Hey all. Still a bit of a newb when it comes to the more complicated aspects of tuning.

Quick question, on a 2007-2009 TBSS (E67/T42 combo) is there a simple way, or any way at all to load a 4L80E tune from a vehicle that has a 4L80E and T42 (like an express van)?

I know the 80E can be run from a 60/65/70 tune.

TBSS vs. Express.bmp

These are the two tunes in question but if there are alternative, let me know.
    Last edited by griffincox; 10-02-2013 at 03:17 PM.

You should be able to just run the van OS and be done.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

How would you go about combining the two?

Advanced Tuner
    Have to flash the 80E file into a TCM, then pair that TCM with the TBSS ECM and read it out using HPTuners. Then you'll have the TBSS ECM + E-van 80E OS.

There are other ways to do it, but this is the only way to do it using only HPTuners.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Thanks Erik. I thought this may be possible. Will the E67 and T42 get along with each other with the Express van segments in the T42?

Best approach to flash? I have a pair of E67s and a pair of T42s. Does hptuners allow just a tcm flash (don't think so)?

Advanced Tuner
    HPT doesnt allow just a TCM flash, you can force it to only flash the ECM if you unplug the TCM.

No guarantees the E-van TCM OS will play nice with the TBSS ECM OS, that is the question. I know some people have used different TCM OSs with success for this conversion, but Im not sure what those OSs are.

The E-vans used a E38/T42 combo so you'll need a (correct) E38 to flash the E-van tune in. Then you can swap the E-van TCM for the TBSS TCM and read the TBSS ECM/E-Van TCM combo out.
    Be warned, if the E38 ECM you use isnt OS-level compatible with the E38 E-van OS, you could end up bricking the E38. (same thing applies to the E67)
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned