Thread: pulling timing durung shift

Tuner in Training

pulling timing durung shift

hello...could somebody look at my log...frame 1404 ....no idea why but its pulling 22deg of timing during the shift....Im pretty sure all my burst knock tables are adjusted and don't think its traction control
    car is 99 a4 corvette ,2800 coan ,forged 383,rpm level 5, 225 tfs heads, blower cam,ysi ,flip drive ,3.42, im was running 100 meth on full with 2 m15 nozzles and a mix of 50/50 c16/pump gas

thx
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    T/C was turned off?

Based on your tune I'm guessing you're in the early stages?

Try logging the PID TqMgt Advance or similar name and most probably that is the reason. Timing is the principle torque control method on a Gen3 especially if cable throttle.

Tuner in Training
    car is not cable.....how the hell to I stop this.....this all came from when I increased the timing due to running c16...never happen with my street tune

Tuner in Training
    yes t/c off
    the only thing I have messed with is timing and ve.....the rest was done by a pro....what looks off??

Quote Originally Posted by danieloneil01 View Post
    T/C was turned off?

Based on your tune I'm guessing you're in the early stages?
    Last edited by c5mtl; 10-01-2013 at 03:25 PM.

Tuner
    Your VE looks like shit. What you're commanding isn't matching up to your actual based on your WB for part throttle. Me thinks he did WOT but DGAF on anything else. I suck at tuning but looking at your tune looks like I tuned it so I can say it looks like shit. Also your injector data looks whack too.

Look at your VE graph, it should look like this, IE like a dyno sheet.

Now go look at yours. Did your "tuner" tune without meth?
    Last edited by danieloneil01; 10-01-2013 at 11:10 PM.

Tuner
    What size injectors do you have?

Tuner in Training
    100's...with meth
    Last edited by c5mtl; 10-02-2013 at 10:33 AM.

Tuner
    Go post your problems on corvetteforum.com

You'll get more answers than this ghost town. Like I said earlier your VE table needs work and the injector data is wrong too.
    Last edited by danieloneil01; 10-02-2013 at 07:04 PM.

Zero your trans upshift torque reduction table, very basic tune question. I would rethink your knock sensor settings. And your TCC won't lock till 67 mph (normal mode) & 74 mph with the cruise on. Plus the VE table is a mess as mentioned.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    Zero your trans upshift torque reduction table, very basic tune question. I would rethink your knock sensor settings. And your TCC won't lock till 67 mph (normal mode) & 74 mph with the cruise on. Plus the VE table is a mess as mentioned.

Russ Kemp
    thx...all those tables are put to 0.....as far as the converter settings....its done because I usally take short cruises on the highway and find as soon as the conveter locks at 60 mph it causes a very annoying drone so I prefer to keep the revs up....when I am going longer distances trips and want lockup I just speedup a little and it locks right up.....not sure why its that high in cruise but that's a simple fix....as far as the knock sensors its been one of my biggest fears..how much can I increase them without setting them off with false knock? not sure why they are desensitized .....and I know the ve is messed up....I just don't know how to smooth it out with out messing up the wot fueling
    thx again