Thread: New Ultimate Tuning Guide for GM

Tuner in Training

New Ultimate Tuning Guide for GM

If you are connected to the Ford Tuning world, maybe you have heard of LaSota Racing Technologies. We have a very successful and comprehensive collection of Ford EFI tuning guides, including a guide for HP Tuners for Fords. Many Ford tuning shops and Ford self-tuners use our books as a reference.

Introducing the newest member of the Ultimate Tuning Guide family: The Ultimate GM EFI Tuning Guide for HP Tuners Software. In this Guide, LaSota Racing teamed with Bryan Herter of PCM for Less, guru of GM tuning, and Brady McCoy Chief Calibrator of Pickups Plus Cars. Byan as many of you know has been a one of the best in the GM world for a long time now. Brady’s Pickups Plus Cars is the premier Central Ohio tuning and performance shop, specializing in custom builds, fabrications and tuning really difficult cars.

This guide is the one of the most comprehensive GM tuning guides available outside of GM itself. In it, you learn to tune from basics to advanced techniques. As we all know, HP Tuners software is the gold standard for GM tuning.
    Go here for more: http://www.lasotaracing.com or see our Facebook Page and ‘like’ us for an introductory discount: https://www.facebook.com/lasotaracing# On FB you can save $10 per copy, this includes free shipping within the USA!
    We would like to extend the sale price to forum members who are not part of Facebook. For the sale pricing, go here: http://www.lasotaracing.com/MOHPGMTuningGuideSALE.html

As with our other Tuning Guides a downloadable protected .pdf file is also available, though not at sale pricing. Note: it is copy protected, and administered by Drumlin Security in Great Britain. You do need Javelin reader to access the file, available from Drumlin. You cannot print the .pdf copy and it is limited to use on two devices.

We will also soon be available in Apple’s iBooks store and for NOOK by Barnes and Noble. Keep your eyes open for it in the near future.
    2006 Mustang GT
    LaSota Racing Tech
    HP Tuners Ultimate Tuning Guide

Sounds interesting. In my opinion, $70 is overpriced for a 140 page book and $70 is overpriced for an electronic version. If you look at other GM tuning/engine building book prices, you will see that most are under $20, a few between $20-$30, and a couple tickling $50. If I bought the pdf version, I'd like to be able to read it on my android phone, ipod, laptop I use for tuning, and my desktop - not be limited to only read the ebook on two devices. Also, Drumlin security has been continuously hacked. At $70 I can see people getting a hacked copy. At $15-$20, I'd order one right now. Just my opinion.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevyHighPerformance View Post
    Sounds interesting. In my opinion, $70 is overpriced for a 140 page book and $70 is overpriced for an electronic version. If you look at other GM tuning/engine building book prices, you will see that most are under $20, a few between $20-$30, and a couple tickling $50. If I bought the pdf version, I'd like to be able to read it on my android phone, ipod, laptop I use for tuning, and my desktop - not be limited to only read the ebook on two devices. Also, Drumlin security has been continuously hacked. At $70 I can see people getting a hacked copy. At $15-$20, I'd order one right now. Just my opinion.
    Actually no it is better then stuff I have paid over $500 for. This Book and Banish's DVD are by the best I have seen in 20 years
    Ellis
    Speed Secrets

95 Z28 18* LTx
    95 Z28 LSx converion
    03 CCSB 4x4 D/A

Potential Tuner
    banishes book is crap, i mean i guess its ok if you need to learn how a 4 stroke engine works lol. as far as tuning there is absolutely nothing in it...

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostedBastard View Post
    banishes book is crap, i mean i guess its ok if you need to learn how a 4 stroke engine works lol. as far as tuning there is absolutely nothing in it...
    I have found Banishes book to be really poor in how to tune info. It is rather weak in that regard and IMO a waste of money.

Tuner
    You Dudes suck balls. The book is stright for the ones who want to learn. Go bark up some other site.

Tuner

Banish Book Offers so Little

Quote Originally Posted by 507 View Post
    You Dudes suck balls. The book is stright for the ones who want to learn. Go bark up some other site.
    I own the book and its a waste of money. Please tell me how this book instructs you to establish a baseline, explains the table functions (and interactions) how to begin a tune and make adjustments. There isn't a single examples of how tuning adjustments are made and what the adjustments will do. Basic info on how to adjust fueling and timing aren't even there
    Its a very poorly written book short on info. I've gotten more good tuning tips online for free. I'll never buy anything written by Craig Banish again!
    BTW, no one can take credence in anything that you've said. When you resort to insults, you've proved to all of us that you've lost the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by dlagrua View Post
    I own the book and its a waste of money. Please tell me how this book instructs you to establish a baseline, explains the table functions (and interactions) how to begin a tune and make adjustments. There isn't a single examples of how tuning adjustments are made and what the adjustments will do. Basic info on how to adjust fueling and timing aren't even there
    Its a very poorly written book short on info. I've gotten more good tuning tips online for free. I'll never buy anything written by Craig Banish again!
    BTW, no one can take credence in anything that you've said. When you resort to insults, you've proved to all of us that you've lost the argument.
    What I think a lot of people miss is the basics and understand on how an engine & EFI system function on a vehicle. Part of the reason Greg Banish includes it in his book. If you understand the basics you will understand the software. Same ole adage of teaching a man to fish vs. giving him fish for a day. I think another problem is people think engines and efi systems aren't complicated and they should be able to buy HP Tuners, purchase a book and turn into a master EFI calibrator. That is far from the truth like anything else it is a skill that is learned and many people who have shops that are good at it started with UV erasable eeproms and have continued to hone their skills as the systems have gotten more complicated

Western New York's Performance Headquarters

Quote Originally Posted by JnJSpdShop View Post
    What I think a lot of people miss is the basics and understand on how an engine & EFI system function on a vehicle. Part of the reason Greg Banish includes it in his book. If you understand the basics you will understand the software. Same ole adage of teaching a man to fish vs. giving him fish for a day. I think another problem is people think engines and efi systems aren't complicated and they should be able to buy HP Tuners, purchase a book and turn into a master EFI calibrator. That is far from the truth like anything else it is a skill that is learned and many people who have shops that are good at it started with UV erasable eeproms and have continued to hone their skills as the systems have gotten more complicated
    I agree with this.

I know I would hate to start tuning on a late model vehicle, and have to learn that first.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC