Thread: Reduced engine power

Reduced engine power

On a cable throttle body (pcm is from a 2000 truck platform upgraded with a 3 bar cos) how does the pcm kill the engine? Does it pull timing? Disable injectors?

I am struggling with a turbo tune and am not sure if p1514 is the problem. I can't load the tune or scan at the moment but this problem is a like a splinter in my mind.

On the DBW throttle bodies the pcm just shuts the throttle for REP? I just need to know how REP is achieved with a cable TB.

Thanks

Jeff Speer's red mustang 3bar sd tune.hptjeff's mustang wtf4.hpl

here is tune and log file. it never threw a code and I already have the tune scaled 50% and p1514 table maxed out!

Please Help!

Senior Tuner
    DBC does not have have reduced power mode or use p1514. From the looks of your log you have a mechanical issue, like a silicone coupler collapsing. Take a closer look at the setup.
    Last edited by mecanicman; 10-01-2013 at 07:46 PM.

thanks for the response. I will look it over and report back

Thanks mecanciman. Found it. The car owner had a silicone 90 hidden in the fender with no tubing inside of it (because he is building a cold air intake for his turbo inlet - unfinished of course). Pulled that off and bingo! Thanks again.