Thread: Using VE multiplier table

Using VE multiplier table

Hi I have an ITB intake manifold I am starting to tune and would like some input on how people use the VE multiplier table.
    Small changes in throttle can have large changes in MAP for me so I am hoping to use the VE multiplier based on throttle position to give more resolution for fuelling.
    My question is how should I use/tune this table?

My plan is to tune the VE table just based off the MAP sensor and get it as close as I can. I am then planning on giving the VE table a smooth and then tuning the VE multiplier table using the same method. For example if I am at 1.05 lambda at 2000rpm and 30% throttle, I would multiply the multiplier table by 1.05 to get things back in line, instead of multiplying the relevant cell on the VE table. Hope that makes sense.

Is this the correct way of doing things?

Cheers
    Benno

As I understand the VE Mult, it is for large duration camshafts that don't have much vacuum that will have differing fuelling requirements based on TPS variance (kinda like alpha-n). For example a race car setup may hit 3000rpm and 90kPa at 10% TPS and also at 30%, chances are these are not the same fuelling requirements (airmass modelling) and therefore you would need the TPS Mult to correct the difference, whether you chose to richen one or lean the other point, or somewhere in the middle would be up to you. Your layered approach is good I think, removing TPS as much as possible as a variable initially and then trying to model for it. I have used the table before, but probably more through experimentation than necessity. Would like to hear how you go with it.