Thread: MAP sensor confusion

MAP sensor confusion

I've always had issues with my car being rich, and I think I finally figured out why. My MAP sensor isn't set right. But I'm confused on how to set it.

I'm using a Bosch 0261230042 TMAP. According to Bosch, the sensor has a range of 20kPa to 250kPa, or .2 bar to 2.5 bar.

I currently have it set to:

Map Sensor Linear: 200 kPa
    Map Sensor Offset: 9.8 kPa
    Map Sensor Linear B: 66.67 kPa

I believe, according to the Bosch literature, that the settings should be 250, 20, and 83.33 respectively, correct?

If so, I'm also a little confused about actual real-world readings. Someone who has a test bench with the exact same sensor reported the following:

1psi =1.92v = 6.9 kPa
    5psi = 2.53v = 34.4kPa
    10psi= 3.2v = 68.9kPa
    15psi = 3.86v = 103.4kPa
    20psi = 4.5v = 137.9kPa
    25psi = 4.84v = 172.4kPa

Well, the thing is rated at 5V max, and when I plot it, the slope would suggest that at 5V, I would get around 190kPa.

So which is it? 250kPa or 190kPa? What numbers should I use to program the Map sensor calibration? Thanks!

Edit: I should have noted that my car has a TVS supercharger on it. Duh. Using the 2 bar OS.

Dave,
    What are the volts of your MAP sensor key on motor off?

You just want ambient? Like 1 bar? (or close, depending on the weather) I'll check it out in the morning and let you know. Thanks for the reply.

Need you to set up a PID that logs MAP volts
    1 bar will read around 5v key on and a 2 bar will read about half that (Key on)

Just want to make sure you have a 2bar MAP

Okay. I had a job interview today and didn't have time for it. I'll do it tomorrow first thing.

Tuner
    I had this recently on a 13 camaro. Had a two bar map and a one bar tune. This is the tune that came with the blower. A TVS2300 also
    Ellis
    Speed Secrets

95 Z28 18* LTx
    95 Z28 LSx converion
    03 CCSB 4x4 D/A

Okay, I did a scan, but I'm not sure I got the information you were after. I'm a noob, if you haven't figured it out yet. lol

I couldn't find a PID that was Map voltage, but what was interesting was that the Map sensor was reporting 98kPa, but the 2 BAR MAP GM on the bottom part of the chart said 65.65 kPa. So maybe I'm in the same boat as TwoFast4Lv?

scan.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by c131frdave; 10-02-2013 at 03:01 PM.

Also, note that I was wrong about my settings. The file I thought I had uploaded was different than the one that was in the computer. I downloaded the tune file, which is attached to the post above. The MAP settings are:

MAP Sensor Linear: 256kPa
    MAP Sensor Offset: 5.2kPa
    MAP Sensor Linear B: 85.33kPa

I uploaded this a while ago, and I'm guessing that it was probably a tune I found somewhere that was supposed to be similar to my car (supercharged 6 liter LS motor).

What I need to do is start from scratch, but I don't think I can get a good tune unless all of the sensors are calibrated to what the computer expects...

I just drove to Walmart to get some stuff, and hammered the throttle, something I really don't do much anymore because I'm old..., and black smoke billowed out the exhaust. I'm way rich. I got a new wideband sensor but I don't want to install it until I'm ready to tune.
    Last edited by c131frdave; 10-02-2013 at 03:13 PM.