Thread: Remote Mount turbo silverado nbs model year 2000 HELP please

Lightbulb Remote Mount turbo silverado nbs model year 2000 HELP please

Hello everyone I am new here so please cut me some slack.
    I have a k1500 chevy truck with a 5.3 and 4l60 4:10:1 G80
    just purchased hp tuners and a WBO2
    set of 8.1 marine injectors 44 lb/min
    I bought the pro model so I can feed in the wb o2 sensor into my data
    planning on converting to speed density up in the air weather I should use a 2.5 or 3 bar sensor (worried about driveability resolution for fuel economy off boost)
    planning on using a 1:1 boost comp fuel pressure regulator, getting a larger fuel pump installed in stock location
    I am looking for a nice daily driver not looking to race my pick up.

Any suggestions on turbocharger size? ( looked at the STS system and many other custom systems online)
    looking for mostly low engine speed torque response not interested in making over 500 hp but 600 or 700 ft/lbs sound like fun.

Can I cheat and start off with someone's cal that is using the same injector and how would I go about finding their information.
    (from past experience this can help or hurt development time)

Thank you guys for your expertise and valuable time

twenty on views and no response... I know I could pay someone to do this but I would rather learn how this software works. Any help would be appreciated guys. I have engine calibration experience just not using a factory controller.

Senior Tuner
    Read, read , and then read some more. The answers you seek are in stickies and other posts. Your injectors are probably to small and there is no data for them. While they can be made to work, if fuel economy and driveability are your ultimate goals something like a Siemens 60 would be a better choice. Have you checked to see if you truck o/s is 3 bar capable? Not all are. 2.5 and 3 bar map will require same table to work so you would have 3 bar o/s regardless. You can 14.7 psi on a 2 bar with full resolution, based on your stated goals that is likely your best choice but you have to decide. Call FI about turbo, 76mm should work nicely. Start with your own and modify from what you have read. You will learn more and have better results.

Not real familiar with turbo size on a remote mount STS type kit but I would say for the 5.3L around a 72mm turbo would work great. You are looking for low end torque instead of race car HP so size the turbo to come on strong at low rpm. You aren't going to need over 14.7 psi to achieve your goal so get the GM 2 bar sensor and use the 2 bar OS that will give you plenty of resolution out of boost where you will do a majority of your driving. Like someone mentioned the 8.1L marine injectors might be too small, but a set of SD 60s would fit the bill nicely. You can order the EV1 or EV6 terminal and plugs on ebay to replace your mini delphi harness connectors. It is a simple job with a small pin crimper ($35 from MAC Tools)

Western New York's Performance Headquarters

Advanced Tuner
    I had a p-trim Master Power 70 on my 5.3 in my Silverado for a while, and it's an awesome street/daily driver turbo.

Tuner
    Look up on 3 performance on Tech. They are doing a turbo setup on that truck . For under 2k

ended up buying a cast stainless front mount turbo manifold manufactured by treadstone performance. talked to the guys at precision turbo about oiling systems and they discouraged me from a remote mount set up. bought T76 turbocharger with a .90 a/r hot size. 60mm hks wastegate. just waiting on the funds for the cold side plumbing and intercooler. also purchased multiple sets of injectors ls7,ls3, and ls9. Thinking I will install the system in the spring and fabricate my hot side cross over out of scheduled 10 cast satinless with a flexable coupler from ace stainless. gotta remove the oil pan to properly drain the oil. lots of work and time to get one of these systems going.

I would like to try to start off using someones SD tune and just slewing the spark and fuel according to my application could anyone help me with basically a base map? haven't purchased a map sensor yet.
    Im willing to trade a set of injectors for a tune if anyone is interested.

Advanced Tuner
    You can take a look at my tune. I have a 2001 5.3 Silverado with a Trick Performance front mount kit(76mm Magnum), 212/212 cam, and stock everything else. It's a work in progress, like any other tune, but i've been beating on the truck for a couple years now and it's still running. So i must be doing something right. haha
    Attached Files Attached Files