Thread: Cant figure out my KR

Tuner in Training

Cant figure out my KR

I am having a hard time getting the knock sensor to quit going off. I just recently bought the car in my sig, and just got HPTuners in the mail about a week ago. I am having a blast learning about tuning and tuning my vehicle. But I am really worried about the knock that I am seeing. I dont think that the tune on the car is very good. The guy i bought it from said the tuner did not put it on his dyno because it was broken at the time, so they only street tuned the car.

Since it was only street tuned, i think it pretty safe to say that the tuner was only taking a best guess at the timing. It also doesn't look like the tuner put in the correct info for the injectors.

My question is i want to salve the knock that is shown in the screen shot, but i dont know if i can pull much more timing out from where it already is. Or can I? I have not made any adjustments to the High Octane timing table, this is what the tuner put in.

KnockPic1.png2013_09_28_10am.hpl20_VE_Tune1.hpt
    2013 GT500 Black w/Black Stripes : Track Pack, Performance Pack, Navigation, Recaro Seats, CF 127mm JLT CAI, FRPP Monoblade, 2.4 Upper, 15% Lower, ID1000, L&M NSR Cams, Kooks Headers, Kooks Offroad X, Roush Axle Back

1998 Camaro Black : Forged 6.0 Block, D1SC 15lbs, 317 Heads, custom cam, meth, etc, etc

1996 Camaro Red (sold) : Forged 383, Brodix Heads, Custom Cam, 175 shot Nitrous, etc, etc

Advanced Tuner
    check if they are burst knocks...the timing is low...do you figure some knocks in a wot log?in a roll it can be normal to have some...

Tuner in Training
    Ok i will log burst knock next time i drive the car. I have not logged a WOT yet. been trying to fix the belt slipping issue, that is fixed now. I also want to make sure that the tune is straight first before i hammer on it.
    2013 GT500 Black w/Black Stripes : Track Pack, Performance Pack, Navigation, Recaro Seats, CF 127mm JLT CAI, FRPP Monoblade, 2.4 Upper, 15% Lower, ID1000, L&M NSR Cams, Kooks Headers, Kooks Offroad X, Roush Axle Back

1998 Camaro Black : Forged 6.0 Block, D1SC 15lbs, 317 Heads, custom cam, meth, etc, etc

1996 Camaro Red (sold) : Forged 383, Brodix Heads, Custom Cam, 175 shot Nitrous, etc, etc

Tuner in Training
    I cant get the car to knock again like it did that time. The only time i saw some knock on this drive was in pic 3, and i pulled 2 degrees of timing out in that area.

Just curious what would make the car knock really bad one time, and on the next drive i cant repeat it trying to drive the car just like i did the first time. I guess I just couldn't get the stars to align correctly on the second drive.

Pic 1
    KnockPic2.png

Pic 2
    KnockPic3.png

Pic 3
    KnockPic4.png

Pic 4
    KnockPic5.png

Tuner in Training
    Come to think of it, i might have pulled out some timing between the two drives. I need to start putting a date on my tunes, instead of just a version number to help keep track.