Thread: IAT compensation

Tuner in Training

IAT compensation

Engine is basically a twin turboed LS1 (2003 Corvette) with a LQ9 block mounted in an 72`El Camino
    PCM is a 411 2003 Corvette unit.
    The car runs very smooth and nicely with a 2 bar SD open Loop non MAF Setup.
    I have tuned it in the warm summertime weather with an cruising afr of around 14.9 to 15.2 - now it is starting to get colder and the iat is dropping about 25 to 30 degrees. Also the afr has gotten richer to 13.8 to 14.3 at cruising Speeds.
    Is there any way to compensate for a changing iat in an open Loop SD Setup?

any sugestions?

engine>airflow>cylinder charge temperature>bias

this table will shift the fueling in SD. I have been experimenting with this table in SD and it is helping. it shifts the fueling calculations away from the iat and more to the ect. I don't think it will completely eliminate the iat from fueling calculations tho.

Tuner in Training
    o.k. - thank you - i had no idea where to start with it

I`am gonna give it a try as soon as i`am back home and keep you updated

Tuner in Training
    ouch - to be honest i disabled the cylinder Charge temperature bias when i initially made the SD Setup.
    When you do this just the iat will be used for calculation. I enabled that function with the factory Settings and voila`its back to an afr of about 15 at cruising Speed, now i can go on and try to fine tune it.

again - thank you

cool - thanks for the feedback