Thread: 3400 alero throttle issue.

Potential Tuner

Lightbulb 3400 alero throttle issue.

Hey everyone im new here. i did see the sticky regarding throttle. but i dont think thats my problem... anyway i have a 2001 olds alero v6 3400, 6 speed swap, ported UIM/LIM, headers, exhaust, no cat, 65mm throttle body, sparco seats.. quite a few other things..

anyway.. i just got the tuner in the mail (pro) and pretty new to the program, i have light expierence from the past, but thats when i borrowed one. now that i have one i have alot of learning to do.

now onto my issue. today, about 2 hours after i got it. i was running scans, looking around. kinda of getting a hang of the tuner/software. hour or so later, i plugged the box into my OBD yet again, and noticed. my TPS % seems to be... weird. i plugged in the tuner to the car/laptop, turned key to ON position, then started scanning. i then eased onto gas pedal (car is not running) and the TPS % only went up to 50%. i then, started the car, had a buddy hold the lap top in passanger seat and went on a drive. out of all WOT pulls i did, no matter what gear. the highest i got the tps % up to was 84% other then that, it was in the 50-76% area at WOT.

also looked at the DTC's and sure enough.. two codes were thrown for the TPS. p0122 and P0111 or a P0121?, something like that, low voltage (premmature) and some other things, i forget, but thats the jist of it... sadly, i cant remember exactly what it said my buddy accidently deleted that log, so i lost the codes/description.

so what causes this? how could i fix it?

any help is greatly appreciated.

Potential Tuner
    did some scans last night (with a possible bad tps) this is what popped up in the DTC's.

[] P0122 - Throttle position (TP) sensor circuit low voltage (immature)

[] P1122 - throttle position (TP) sensor circuit intermittent low voltage (history) (immature)

replaced the tps today from a autozone one to a 44$ carquest one.... tps now goes to 100% but im still getting this code..

[] P1122 throttle position (TP) sensor circuit intermittent low voltage (pending) (history) (immature)

other codes that also came up if wondering but have nothing to do with it is...

a/c refrigerant.... a/c is all taken out of the car so that doesnt matter.

oil pressure sensor.... im running an aftermarket one with the stock one uplugged/removed so no worries there either. and thats it.

im not understanding what the "history" "pending" and "immature" means when it reads these codes. any insight please!