Thread: VATS and fuel pump 2007 4.6L 3v swap into 40 Ford

VATS and fuel pump 2007 4.6L 3v swap into 40 Ford

Guys I am just finishing up a 2007 Mustang 4.6L 3V swap into a 40 Ford. I am using the stock PCM and FPCM from an '07 Mustang. I cannot get the pump to run unless I disconnect the wires and manually hook up power and ground to it. Could the VATS be keeping the pump from running? Any suggestions on troubleshooting the FPCM? I have VCM suite for GM vehicles, but not Fords. Your help is appreciated.

Joe

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HRD View Post
    Guys I am just finishing up a 2007 Mustang 4.6L 3V swap into a 40 Ford. I am using the stock PCM and FPCM from an '07 Mustang. I cannot get the pump to run unless I disconnect the wires and manually hook up power and ground to it. Could the VATS be keeping the pump from running? Any suggestions on troubleshooting the FPCM? I have VCM suite for GM vehicles, but not Fords. Your help is appreciated.

Joe
    If you have it for GM, you have it for Ford. All you need to do is purchase Ford credits to license it. You can still log it, read it, and view it without the credits.
    Jaime

Senior Tuner
    I would suggest hooking up the scanner first, and check for any codes to start you in the right direction.
    Jaime

More than likely the PATS is keeping the fuel pump from running. You shouldn't have any issue disabling that with VCM Suite.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    More than likely the PATS is keeping the fuel pump from running. You shouldn't have any issue disabling that with VCM Suite.
    Im in the same spot! 05 Mustang Gt in a 51 ford truck. We cant get Fuel or Spark. I did the same thing and ran the fuel pump off a drill battery. I was able to pressurize the fuel rail but wont fire- no spark. Has to be PATS. My tuner is tying but cant seem to get it right. Apparently there are a few places to disable PATS??

Conversely I know guys with the 3V auto Trans and didnt have any issues. My Computer code is CDC3. I need some help! anyone have any suggestions?

thanks
    Bryan