Thread: On the fly map switching possible?

Tuner in Training

On the fly map switching possible?

After reading too much on Subarus and Evos, I was wondering if there was a way to change maps in the computer via a signal. For switching between E85 and regular gas, or with and without water/meth etc.

I think newer cars have sensors that can tell what fuel is being ran through it, but you didnt say what kinda of car this is for.

Most car you can't do what you are asking, you'd have to pick a fuel type and just tune for that. Same with meth injection, you'd have to add it and tune with it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Looking at it for an L67 W-Body. GSX-Rs do it because of a wire for European restrictions, the Subaru has a test port, and the Evo had an extra wire that had something rerouted to it. Wondering if maybe the performance shift could have more maps connected to it.

V6 W-body PCM's are pretty stupid if thats a nice way to put it compared to many cars.

I own one myself and there isnt a way to do with what you're wondering about. You'll have to pick a fuel type and just tune for that one. Run the correct injectors etc etc and go from there.

The Performace shift button only changes trans line pressure and at what speed the transmission shifts at per gear.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.