Thread: Comanded PE ignored, car runs close to stoich, no clue>

Potential Tuner

Comanded PE ignored, car runs close to stoich, no clue>

04 gto engine swapped into an rx7..t56 etc

car is running around 14.xx to 15.xx or 1.2xx in the pe table, we'ved played with the engagement rpm, thresholds...basically everything i can think of... i've even thrown 30% more fuel into theVE table

most of the ve table apparently pretty good for low load cruising, but when you go to WOT... it just goes to close to stoich sometimes leaner.

played with the pe enrich, pe throttle, the hot select,eq ratio etc, after logging the commanded is 12.1 and the equivelancy both read properly...there is a 300 rpm portion of the high load no vacuum afr looks like it's probably right until 2400 or so and then it leans out again!

Any thoughts>
    wot-nope-enrichment3.hpl
    sept22-13-playingwithwot 3.hpt
    wot-nope-enrichment.hpl
    wot-nope-enrichment2.hpl
    gtopoweredrx7.cfg

Senior Tuner
    Your pe is kicking in as commanded, your tables are just not tuned. Time for some reading. Fail the maf and tune the ve. Then set it to run maf and tune it.

Tuner in Training
    hey mechanicman, i'm helping him tune the car, i posted that in his account..

you're probably right, that was my next question/step... the question i had was ...why is the AFR basically the same when i have the ve table setup for something crazy like 130 % when it was 91% before and the values don't appear to be changed...except at 2400-2500 rpm (where it goes to 11:1 or something crazy) the car actually stumbles..

i was just wondering if it was something to do with the OL tables as we read after posting this elsewhere....

thanks for your prompt response.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    My statement to you would be to read through the stickies, the answer lies within them. I hint, your ve table isn't being used...
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"