Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help with 04 silverado 5.3 to ls376/480 engine tuning.

Tuner
    btw where did you get your injector flow rate data from?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman167 View Post
    im having trouble tuning it. if I try and tune just ve or just maf it wont let me give much more than 50 percent throttle before shutting my throttle body down. im kind of lost right now so some help would be appreciated. im also maxing my ve table out, I believe I have the right injector data so im not sure whats going on there either.
    You need to make the P1514/0068 Error table higher than your scanned cyl/air to fix the throttle closing. Your still at stock values. Your IFR table should be 41.7 in the 0 Kpa manifold vacuum cell & 47 in the 80 Kpa manifold vacuum cell, then use the interpolate between horizontal bounds.

Russ Kemp

Tuner
    thanks for the info its a big help.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman167 View Post
    btw where did you get your injector flow rate data from?

I have a spreadsheet that calculates injector data from the ls3 style format to ls1. I would leave the injector data as it is.

Tuner
    376 VE mechanicman STFT.hpl376vetuning.hpt todays log with stfts. seems like im still going to need to max my ve table..??

Tuner
    can anyone send me a link or something relating to scaling? something is still not right with this tune setup.

Senior Tuner
    I'll have a look when I get home, don't get to carried away.

Tuner
    ok so heres todays maf run...not too bad..376maftuning tester1.hpt376MAF GET GOOD.hpl

Senior Tuner
    Your o/s is kinda odd, so here is what I suggest. I have modified a file I have for 6.0 o/s for you. It will require a write entire, its a different o/s. Its a 2004 6.0 4l60 tune. It should operate your truck fine, but I can not guarentee there will be no issues. Give it some thought. Check the file, make sure all the electronic throttle body data matches, write entire. Use at own risk. You will have to disable or relink vats.

You didnt quite follow my instructions for your config. Your scanning way to much data. Cut it down to what I suggested. The number of pids your scanning are slowing down your data sample rate.
    Last edited by mecanicman; 10-12-2013 at 03:47 PM.

Tuner
    376 mafwaymechmanwantsit.hpl376maftuning tester1.hpt I think this is what you want in the config? maybe close enough? sorry im still running the previous tune, I will switch over to the most recent one you sent me tomorrow morning when I get done looking it over.

Quote Originally Posted by mecanicman View Post
    Your o/s is kinda odd, so here is what I suggest. I have modified a file I have for 6.0 o/s for you. It will require a write entire, its a different o/s. Its a 2004 6.0 4l60 tune. It should operate your truck fine, but I can not guarentee there will be no issues. Give it some thought. Check the file, make sure all the electronic throttle body data matches, write entire. Use at own risk. You will have to disable or relink vats.
    I just want to point out that his OS will change to 1281052 when he applied the Maf Enhanced OS. Not sure why he would want to spend 4 more credits to license your file and to add the enhanced os. And a write entire from a different file is not a good idea.

Russ Kemp

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    I just want to point out that his OS will change to 1281052 when he applied the Maf Enhanced OS. Not sure why he would want to spend 4 more credits to license your file and to add the enhanced os. And a write entire from a different file is not a good idea.

Russ Kemp
    I know your intenet is to help Russ, but maybe you better look a little closer.......

Tuner
    now now you two. I think im on the right track now. I will post another log tonight. the lugging I was feeling was spark related. I added about 10 more degrees all over and now she is running pretty good. MAF is pretty good, still needs a little touch up. now this weekend when I switch over to tune my ve might bring up some other problems but I think if I add that spark to it and adjust for my maf codes it will be ok too. I really appreciate the feedback im getting for mechanic man and russ kemp. thanks for helping this novice tuner in training!

Tuner
    tonights maf log...btw I am still running off of the first maf tune file mechanicman sent me but with adjustments in maf and diag and spark and a few others. 376maf late night.hpl376maftuning tester1.hpt

Senior Tuner
    If your happy with the maf tune, ther is no reason to swap to the other tune I provided. All it will do is make ve tuning easiar.

Tuner
    can I swap to the most recent tune you gave me for ve tuning and them combine my current maf tune with it? or should I stay with the first edits you provided?

Senior Tuner
    The most recent file I provided is a totally different operating system. I swap them all the time, most of the time without issue, sometimes does not work as desired. You SHOULD be able to copy your maf table into the new files and it SHOULD behave just as it did now. If you go for it make sure all of your work is backed up, if it does not work you can flash back to what you have now.

I am not sure if hpt does not correct the engine size data correctly or it is not used in your o/s. Your o/s is trying to run a 6.2l engine off data for a 5.3 with room for only 129% ve. The o/s I provided is for a 6.0, much closer engine size, and ve table can go to 493%. These are the benifits it can offer if it works.

You had modded your tune with a maf enhanced option, if running maf is what you want your o/s is fine and you are pretty close to having it dialed in.

Tuner
    ok thanks...tomorrow night I will post the new 6.0 ve log and tune. again thank you

Tuner in Training
    Russ is correct on flow rate, 99-02 trucks had return line with regulator on rail manifold referenced. 2003 and up are return-less fuel system's no regulator on the rail and IFR should not be set the same all the way across the board... i have 4 trucks sitting in my shop i could snap a picture of year's ranging from 2004 all the way to 2012..
    I haven't made a million post's so im not a super tooner

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by n20kid View Post
    Russ is correct on flow rate, 99-02 trucks had return line with regulator on rail manifold referenced. 2003 and up are return-less fuel system's no regulator on the rail and IFR should not be set the same all the way across the board... i have 4 trucks sitting in my shop i could snap a picture of year's ranging from 2004 all the way to 2012..
    If you go back and read, Russ was not disagreeing that it did not have an fpr, he disagreed with my flow data. If you read his instructions he is describing how to set up ifr for a fixed fuel pressure setup. The op says it does not have a fpr on the rail, and while all the ones in this year range I have seen do, the internet does say such a thing was available.