Thread: Fast wide band junk

Tuner in Training

Fast wide band junk

Don't trust your fast wide band. We have three fast wide bands at the school that I teach at, we trusted them tuning lsx 376s on engine dyno, and camaro procharged on chasis dyno for two years. We had totatly Eractic. Results We go an ECM 5220 products wide band unit. Well worth the money, fast was 10-20 precent off in both directions now our tuning is spot on and much easier. To teach daily calibration. Is a breeze, all fuels are also cinch. You must have a good wide band to be accurate

You get what you pay for in most cases. I run 3 AFM1000's so I never have to question my data.

Tuner in Training

Why 3 witch one do you trust or do they all read the same, how do you calibrate o2

Quote Originally Posted by 1998Ws6 View Post
    You get what you pay for in most cases. I run 3 AFM1000's so I never have to question my data.

they are all setup separate. Allows for working on more than one car at a time, or one per bank on the dyno and one for the road. I do want to put 4 bungs in a common exhaust pipe and compare widebands, but that would be a lot easier with an engine dyno.

The other reason for 3 is I got a good deal on them used.