Thread: Car loosing power on shift

Tuner in Training

Car loosing power on shift

I have had the car back together for about 2 months and on this last trip to the track that it feels like it looses all power on the shift. In the log it was bouncing off the 2 step and on the transbrake around 3800RPM. It pulls good in 1st gear but on the shift just falls on its face. Any ideas?

Car specs:

408 LS1
    55-94 turbo
    powerglide
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    It actually loses like 7 pounds of boost after shifting... I'd be looking for mechanical issues. Exhaust leaks, boost leaks, WG and BOV operation, etc..

Tuner in Training
    No exhaust leaks, or boost leaks. Im pretty sure both WG and BOV are fine. Its damn near the same setup as last year with more compression and cubes and it did not that this problem. If you honestly dont think its a tuning issue i will go over the whole thing again and triple check.

Anyone else?

What's up with the IAT? Is there an intercooler? And the ECT is very hot.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    No intercooler. It was fine before running only 9:1 compression, but now that the compression is up the IAT's and motor are getting warm fast.

Your not going to make power at 220*F+ IAT. Every 10*F increase in IAT will reduce Hp by 3%, so If you lowered your IAT by 100*F, you will gain 30% power. And your going to melt pistons at those coolant temps.

Russ Kemp