Thread: new to tunning,start up idle is too long .about 3 seconds

new to tunning,start up idle is too long .about 3 seconds

Hi, I am new to all this, but this is what I have :2002 5.3 truck engine ,fly by wire. baby cam and headers are the only mods, The pcm was shipped to me with an existing,, "start up tune" just to get it running, The Problem is on startup the idle flare,takes a long time (3seconds)to return to idle< can anyone help me with which table this adjustment is in? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank You
    SNAPY123
    junior tuner

Has nobody here experienced these problems ? Or are newbies not welcomed?
    SNAPY123
    junior tuner

Senior Tuner
    If you did some reading of the stickies before you posted you would be able to ask better educated questions. One of the first things the stickies say is post a log and tune with any question. Newbies are welcome, but you gotta help yourself to some extent before you will get some help.

Thanks for replying , I'm trying to learn , that's all I needed was someone to point me in the right direction . I will read the stickies from now on , after I read them , I will post my log and tune
    SNAPY123
    junior tuner

High idle flare on startup even higher in gear

This is the current tune, I reorded a log on the scanner section and when I try to attach it ,,, keep getting invalid file? Thank you for any help!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    SNAPY123
    junior tuner

Senior Tuner
    Is anything done to this 5.3 or is it stock?

It is a 5.3 truck engine and I had to put the Camaro stock intake and the throttle body is a corvette fly by wire, stock injectors ,Has headers and a "very mild cam" ,(comp cam 54-416-11,Which was installed when I got the engine.Thank you for replying .
    SNAPY123
    junior tuner

Senior Tuner
    Try this, you can use the compare function to see what I have done. Your running airflow table was jacked up with unreasonable numbers. You can search for and run the russ k idle airflow config to dial in closer if desired.

Did you attach a file for me to compare ? If so , how do I open it?
    SNAPY123
    junior tuner

Senior Tuner
    I attached a file, you use the file you attached to compare.

I used the compare feature on both tunes and it shows (0) in the places I looked.....what am I doing wrong,,,The one you sent was titled the with the same heading((Dunaways Street Tune Final1.hpt )
    SNAPY123
    junior tuner

Senior Tuner
    with editor open, press f1. type compare into the search box. I just tried it, works fine and there is a differance between the files.

Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction and not fixing my my problem ! Thats what I needed ,,, I will post the tune when I get it a little bit better