Thread: Commanded PE not matching actual

Tuner in Training

Commanded PE not matching actual

If anyone can take a look at my files and explain to me why my commanded PE is not matching my actual. I've tried adjusting the MAF but still can't get it right. If you look at about frame 360, you'll see the commanded is about .81 and actual is 1.07.

Thank you

60# Closed loop 2 Bar.hptNot matching PE.hpl

Senior Tuner
    Set your pe to a steady reasonable value. Fail your maf, disable dfco, and and tune the ve table. Your fuel trims are out by a huge amount. Why are you running a maf on a 2 bar tune? If you must run it set to maf tune after ve is dialed in and tune it.

Tuner in Training
    Ok. I'll wait till I get it on the dyno and see what I can figure out. The VE table below boost is really close within 3% error. With the Maf failed, when I went into boost, I was getting the same super lean issue. I tried to adjust for it in the VE table but, it wasn't making a difference. I re-enabled the MAF and am still seeing the same issue.

I have two tunes, the one I posted above, and the one my tuner did before I went 2 bar. The one he did, which is just an adjusted version of the stock Maggie tune, runs good in boost but, the drivability sucks due to the injector information being wrong. The one I posted above is with the correct injector info according to the Banish DVD, and runs perfect in closed loop.

I want to tune it for SD and MAF, then decide which tune I like better.

Senior Tuner
    You have a log of it in speed density mode? I am having a hard time believing its within 3%. The ve table is primarily referanced below 4000 rpm and your fuel trims are out by way more then 3%

Tuner in Training
    I flashed in my SD tune and now it's all coming back to me. The problem I was having with the SD tune was when I get on the throttle, it throws a P0068 code for MAP/MAF throttle correlation. When the code comes active the car derates until the code is cleared. So I never actually got to tune the VE tables for WOT yet. I never saw anything about disabling this code for SD, so I haven't changed it.

Unless I have something set wrong, the VE tuning below boost looks pretty good looking over the fuel trims. I did this on the street so there is room for improvement but, it's fairly close.

The log and the file aren't in open loop, I forgot to set it in the scanner before I went out.

Banish injector data Open loop VE table.hptSD run with P0068.hpl

did you change the DTC's to no error reported?

Tuner in Training
    To go into open loop, or for the P0068 code?

Is it possible your fuel system isn't keeping up? Pump not delivering enough fuel, or injectors maxed out?

Tuner in Training
    When I'm running my MAF only tune, the PE is fine and even goes rich (about 10.8) at redline, and holds a steady 60 psi.
    I turned off the P0068 code. I'll try flashing in the tune again and give it a try. The code has something to do with MAF, so it could be causing a derate since the MAF is failed.

Tuner
    I know what it is but the answer is at work on the lap top
    Ellis
    Speed Secrets

95 Z28 18* LTx
    95 Z28 LSx converion
    03 CCSB 4x4 D/A