Thread: turbo 6.0 silverado dumping timing

Tuner in Training

turbo 6.0 silverado dumping timing

I have a 2002 silverado 6.0 stock tune just installed a rear mount turbo on it. at 3psi to 8 psi boost the timing retards all the way back to 0 degrees from 2200 up afr stays at 12.8 through this but truck bogs down because of timing. Any suggestions i am new to tuning or does someone have a base tune for turbo that i can compare and play with so i can learn.

Posting the tune would help, but I'm gonna go ahead and say torque management is to blame. Did you disable both engine and transmission TM? Also 12.8 seems very lean to me for a 6.0 with a turbo
    2006 Chevy Cobalt SS 2.4 Turbo
    320 whp 299 wtq

Tuner in Training
    yes torque management has been disabled I will post the tune when i get home from work thanks.

I would like to see the tune as well

Tuner in Training
    this is the tune I am currently running
    Attached Files Attached Files

do you have a log as well? I would like to see what g/cyl your in at WOT

what are your intake temps?
    WOT

okay first off i think you need to be running a different OS, your running the 1 bar MAF enhanced, you should be on a 2 bar and running a 2 bar map.

your way to lean WOT for boost

tell me a little about the vehicle, is it stock with a turbo, still got maf on it? your tune needs major work

Tuner in Training
    My truck is bone stock with mass, factory 4.11 gears, I have installed a rear mount turbo with 8 psi boost.

I would add fuel to the PE and pull 2* from the bottom right of your high and low octane table, I this the same tune you posted, I noticed the MAF pid is gone

whats your a/f WOT not

Tuner in Training
    I changed up the tune it runs a lot better and stronger. take a look and see what you think.

I think the 4.11 gears are the only thing keeping your truck alive, seems like you may not have put enough load on it to do any damage, your commanding 28* timing in boost, and getting knock, this is bad.

the a/f still needs work, I would have to see the wideband to see what its doing

I would not run that tune at all due to the amount of timing

Tuner in Training
    I have changed it to 20 degrees max on boost going to check and see what that does

Tuner
    upgrade your whole fuel system fuel pump/ injector 42lbph minimum ...injector duty cycle is over 85% on both logs one log at 4500 rpm and the other at 4000 or you will be replacing that 6.0 soon hth