Thread: Weird Issue I think it deals with my Maf Tuning I've done

Tuner

Weird Issue I think it deals with my Maf Tuning I've done

Been doing some tuning on my new (to me) Impala... 2006 Impala with the 3.9L v6... I'm having a weird low speed rpm "surging" issue. I have a scan attached showing it in 2 different occurances. I'm most likely guessing it's because of the MAF Fuel adjustments that I've been doing, but I've just caught wind of this because I wasn't doing a live scan and just "black box" scan. In the scan the issues I recorded them at are around frame 4424 and frame 6901 it gets weird and worse as the scan shows. I'm guessing I should probably change the maf back slightly and retune it???? Thanks for advice if any given!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lean Surge? Try tuning your MAF so that your scans show numbers as close to zero as possible, but stay on the negative side.
    2.8/3.0/3.2 Pulley/ZZP CAI/1.6 HS Rockers/Hi Energy Comp Cam 76-802-9/LS7 Lifters/ZZP Stage 2 Intercooler/TOG Headers/Triple Edge Performance Stage 3 Transmission/3.29 Ratio/NGK TR6ix IRIDIUM .40 GAP/ZZP Fuel Rails/ZEX 100 shot NOS/GMPP Sway Bars/KYB Adjustable Struts/Power Stop Performance Pads/Rotors

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by coachcrow56 View Post
    Lean Surge? Try tuning your MAF so that your scans show numbers as close to zero as possible, but stay on the negative side.
    That'll do it. Thank you sir