Thread: anyone have the stock 15186006 OS?? Please help

Tuner in Training

anyone have the stock 15186006 OS?? Please help

I currently have the 15097100 stock file on my truck and I'm just getting started with this tune, but it seems that others have best luck out of the 15186006 OS. So does anyone have a stock file I could use to flash to or should I worry about it at all? The truck is an 01 CCSB Dmax/Allison 2WD. 99k. What are the benefits of changing the OS on it? Thanks in advance guys!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by lockner13 View Post
    I currently have the 15097100 stock file on my truck and I'm just getting started with this tune, but it seems that others have best luck out of the 15186006 OS. So does anyone have a stock file I could use to flash to or should I worry about it at all? The truck is an 01 CCSB Dmax/Allison 2WD. 99k. What are the benefits of changing the OS on it? Thanks in advance guys!

OR, could I use 15188873 or 15189044??? Sorry for the newbie questions here. Im a little confused on what all has to match up or whats compatible with what... Thanks in advance!

year, brand, model, trans, and driveline (gears, etc) all need to match up to have any luck using a different tune file. Your best bet is to go to the dealer or to a friend with a tech2 and have them flash in the latest OS from GM for your specific VIN. Then use HPT to tune it from there.
    2006 LBZ Duramax
    5" Magnaflow turbo-back
    EGR blocked
    HP Tuned by yours truly

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Johns98TA View Post
    year, brand, model, trans, and driveline (gears, etc) all need to match up to have any luck using a different tune file. Your best bet is to go to the dealer or to a friend with a tech2 and have them flash in the latest OS from GM for your specific VIN. Then use HPT to tune it from there.
    OK, thanks!! I was thinking of just doing that as I figured I would have a better end result. Thanks again!