Thread: Fuel Gauge problems 2001 Firebird

Tuner

Fuel Gauge problems 2001 Firebird

Hey Guys, maybe someone can help me out here:

We swapped in a 2001 Corvette LS6 into a Firbird 3.8L. Using the Corvette PCM and a 2002 LS1 Y-Body Auto Calibration
    Y-Platform, ETC Equipped (running with 3.8 Pedal and TAC) Wambach LS6 AT Rev12.hpt

we were able to get everything running but the Fuel Level Gauge.

When doing a Cluster Test with Tech 2 the Gauge reacts like it should and the on the PCM i can read out 45% fuel Level as sum of 1.56V (or so) on left and 4.9V on the right tank.

i already tried to simulate the second fuel sender, the effective fuel level changed but there was no reaction of the gauge.

All other gauges as Water Temp, Oil pressure, Voltage, RPM and so on are working fine.

Anyone any ideas on this?

Tuner
    Anyone, any idea?

Tuner in Training
    you should have used an f-body calibration to start with. you might be able to zero out the secondary tank on the y-body tune and adjust the primary volume and scale the level to get it to work though

Tuner
    but the F-Body Cal doesn't carry the ETC...
    will give that idea a shot
    Thanks

Tuner
    no success. all other data flow fine through the data line but the Fuel level stuff...
    played around with all values that could be changed. Maxed and mined out everything. took all data from a F-Body file but no gauge needle reaction