Thread: Injectors not firing

Tuner in Training

Injectors not firing

This is my first post here as I just got my Hp Tuners over the weekend. I haven't had a chance to get a log of anything yet, but hope to very soon.

well, i've hit a bump in the road with my project. over the last few weeks i've been focusing mostly on wiring. i completely separated the GTO harness and depinned the PCM connectors to remove stuff that's not needed and to extend the wires to locate the PCM in the car. I'm at the point where i've been trying to get it started.

Here is where i'm at. Motor cranks just fine. i get one combustion cycle from initial starting crank - here's a vid IMG 0462 - YouTube

Here's my setup and what i've done for trouble-shooting

1991 240sx
    2001 LQ4 (Wiseco 4.030 -15cc pistons)
    EPP Blower cam 232/240, .595/.604
    T76 turbo
    Fbody T56
    -2004 GTO PCM (GEN 3) and harness (emissions stuff removed)
    -VATS set to NONE
    -No MAFS (DTC's still enabled - P0101-103) will update this asap
    -Bosch 044 fuel pump - 60psi at the On and Start positions (via aeromotive FPR)
    -60lb Siemens injectors - have been flow tested and are not stuck
    -motor runs when spraying starting fluid constantly through the intake
    -Noid light test done - very, very faint light comes on with the first initial crank but nothing after that. this was the same across all 8 cylinders.
    -Gave injectors 12v power and grounded all 8 injector pins in the Blue harness connector along with Noid light tester and each injector plug lit up.
    -I thought the injector drivers in the PCM were bad, so i bought a 2nd PCM and had flashed to the same tune as the original PCM, same result.
    -I've checked the PCM constant 12v pin and the 2 ignition pins in the PCM connector and get battery voltage
    -I've checked all 8 ground pins in the PCM connectors and get less than 2 ohms resistance (.8 IIRC) at each one
    -I had a friend with HP Tuners come over a couple weeks ago and scan the PCM while cranking to see what's going on. Getting no injector pulse width at all. everything else is registering.

Since it runs off straight starting fluid, i can pretty much rule out everything but the injectors (atleast i think)

I've attached my current tune file. I've been trying to compare similar tunes from the Repository and see if anything stands out, but not having much luck just yet and am still getting familiar with the software.

Thanks for the help!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Possibly Vats issue.
    Set P1626 to P1631 to 3 and any other VTD Dtcs

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by planethax View Post
    Possibly Vats issue.
    Set P1626 to P1631 to 3 and any other VTD Dtcs
    Those are disabled, but are set to 2 "No MIL light". i'll try changing them to 3 and see if this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tuner
    Mil is disabled but not the DTC itself.
    Try 3 and report back.

Tuner in Training
    Tried setting these DTCs to 3 - no change. I've made several changes after talking with a friend/tuner to update failing MAF, adding the IFR for my injectors and a few other settings.

here's my latest tune if anyone is interested. I'm going to try and upload this tonight and give it another go.

Advanced Tuner
    since you eliminated the maf,did you install an intake air temp sensor ?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by miker2 View Post
    since you eliminated the maf,did you install an intake air temp sensor ?
    Yes sir

Advanced Tuner
    I would then check for crank sensor signal.

I had a similar problem, turned out I didn't have power going to them, if you have pink wires cut that could be the issue

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by miker2 View Post
    I would then check for crank sensor signal.
    i'm getting rpm's when cranking so crank sensor is fine. Plus, the engine runs when spraying starter fluid through intake.

Quote Originally Posted by LSXstang94 View Post
    I had a similar problem, turned out I didn't have power going to them, if you have pink wires cut that could be the issue
    both injector banks are getting battery voltage in both the "on" and "start" positions. grounding from the ecu is not happening

i've made several changes since my original tune
    - MAF fail = 0
    - IFR = 72.4 and 63.5 (neither worked)
    - IFR mult = 1
    - short pulse limit = 4 (3.997)
    - min injector pulse
    - and i've been looking at several tunes in the repository to compare the Offsets, min PW, short pulse limit and short pulse adder.

Still, not firing after this.

I did however notice that my tune was based on the 1 bar OS, when i'm using a 2 bar MAP. I purchased a 1 bar MAP to test on the 1 bar OS and still nothing worked. I've upgraded to the 2 bar OS, but have not been able to try it with the new 2 bar just yet. Will try soon though. But, i've attached my current tune to see if anyone has any suggestions.

THanks,
    Avery