Thread: Newbie question about datalogging and histograms for LNF tuning

Newbie question about datalogging and histograms for LNF tuning

I am new to tuning and I have done alot of searching on this subject but have not really found the answers that I'm looking for First of all let me say the reason for posting in this section, I am working on my 09 HHR SS and I have been reading everything I can find on LNF tuning, that doesnt mean I understand all of it but I am trying. I have had some ok results so far but seem to have a problem with the tune after a while, don't know if something is getting hot or I just have not modified the right tables and something is contradicting what I have done........Anyway I know I need to log this info in order to be able to understand whats going on and to be able to share with the people in the know so they can see what is going on in order to help me.....However I do not understand how to create histograms and record this info Can anyone please set me on the right path so I can learn how to log this info, I am not very computer literate but I do have some understanding and try hard to comprehend what I'm taught. I think I understand how to set up my Table display in the scanner using PIDs from the list however I am not sure if there are some that would be more crutial to use or if there are some that are not necessary for my application, thats about as far as I am with this, I can scan the vehicle but have no idea how to record this information...

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    have you checked the lnf videos out? if no there is a link in my signature below
    |
    |
    \ /
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    have you checked the lnf videos out? if no there is a link in my signature below
    |
    |
    \ /
    Yes I have, they have been of great help so far but I didn't see anything in them about making histograms, utilizing them yes but actually designing them and how to put them to use no......unless I missed something

UMMMMMM It looks like I did miss something I found a new video that I didn't see, thanks for pointing me in the same direction I was looking but was too excited/blind to see

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    yup post here if you have more questions afterwords.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman