Thread: Custom PID not working - help please!

Tuner in Training

Custom PID not working - help please!

When I scan in the built in PID 6001 (commanded AFR high res) it shows it in the scanner just fine...it works. However, if I create a custom PID (i.e. test) and set the function to [PID.6001], when I start the scan HPTuners tells me <unsupported parameter>. What am I doing wrong?

Tuner in Training
    It looks like "Air Fuel Ratio Commanded Lo Res" ([PID.6000]) and "Air Fuel Ratio Commanded Hi Res" ([PID.6001]) are just not supportd in HPTuners. Are there any substitutes for these PIDs?

Tuner in Training
    Figured it out. For the above to work I needed to include "Air Fuel Ratio Commanded Hi Res" in the table BEFORE I used in the custom PID....not sure why that is, but it is what it is.

Potential Tuner
    I am having the exact same issue but I'm not sure what you mean by:

'For the above to work I needed to include "Air Fuel Ratio Commanded Hi Res" in the table BEFORE I used in the custom PID'

Can you expand on how you got this to work? Thanks!

Potential Tuner
    I just figured it out. I was looking for the pid for "Air Fuel Ratio Commanded Hi Res" in the wrong area. To fix this:

1. Find an empty table cell in the table display
    2. Right click
    3. Click "Insert"
    4. In the "Insert PIDs" box that pops up, expand "Fuel System"
    5. Double click "Air Fuel Ratio Commanded Hi Res (afr)"

Now you should be able to create a "Commanded Lambda" user defined entry in the table and it will no longer display "<unsupported parameter>"

Thanks reactor2 for getting me on the right track.

Potential Tuner
    I wonder if there is a way to add this to the Generation 4 section too, I have a 2010 L99 Camaro and had little luck digging this up in that sub group. It wasn't until I did a full forum search that I found this entry.

To simplify for future readers, The rule is: Anything you wish to have show up in any display must be listed in the table.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Potential Tuner
    If a PID is listed in the display and shows on the table but will not read anything other than zero, what could be the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrhuge View Post
    If a PID is listed in the display and shows on the table but will not read anything other than zero, what could be the issue?
    If the PID doesn't blank out, saying "unsupported" when you start scanning, then it's addressing that PID and getting a 0 value from it. What PID are you talking about?
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Potential Tuner
    The PID is not blanking out. O2mv and injector pulse..